Taycan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently there might be delays for the Taycan because of the Coronoavirus.

I just saw this on Facebook:

Porsche Taycan Delay Coronavirus

Has anyone heard from their dealer about this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Taycan is delayed with a month because of corona. First is was foreseen end of May now end of June. But the dealer gave us yesterday a Taycan Turbo for an afternoon to drive. It is a sensational all in one car. Super sports car, cruiser and ... I cannot wait for it

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yikes. When was your v250 date? When were you told of the delay? My “vehicle fixed” date was 2/28, and my delivery date is 5/15 as of Friday. My dealer hasn’t heard of any delays.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I received a mail 10 days ago that the car is planned to roll out off the production on the 5th of June and will arrive 2 weeks later at the dealer. The delivery was at first planned for end of May.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I received a mail 10 days ago that the car is planned to roll out off the production on the 5th of June and will arrive 2 weeks later at the dealer. The delivery was at first planned for end of May.
Understood. Your car has been delayed a month. That's what you said the first time. I'm asking when your V250 date was. Also called "Vehicle Fixed". This is the day, beyond which, you can't make any changes. I'm trying to relate your order to mine.

·
Registered
160 Posts
No delays on my end due to COVID19.. the only bump in delivery has been a 7 day delay due to PEC delivery experience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Understood. Your car has been delayed a month. That's what you said the first time. I'm asking when your V250 date was. Also called "Vehicle Fixed". This is the day, beyond which, you can't make any changes. I'm trying to relate your order to mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I didn’t know the term V250 date, maybe something different in Europe. The end of February was the deadline and now it is the end of March. We know as we still doubting about the color. Jet Black or Volcano Grey and we have time until the end of the month.

·
Registered
15 Posts
V250 is a Porsche thing. Your dealer should have given you a sheet or screenshot with the timeline for the build of your car. Sounds like your V250 is what was extended to the end of March.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't heard of any delay so far... Delivery is supposed to take place at the end of April. But reading your posts guys I start to wonder whether it's gonna be postponed or not.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My Taycan is delayed with a month because of corona. First is was foreseen end of May now end of June. But the dealer gave us yesterday a Taycan Turbo for an afternoon to drive. It is a sensational all in one car. Super sports car, cruiser and ... I cannot wait for it View attachment 1288
That's very cool of them to lend you the Turbo! What was it like driving it? Were you able to test out the performance?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Like I said in my first message. It is a sensational car. I have 4 Porsche’s and none like this one. It is all in one. The acceleration is extraordinary. Also the range was less reduced in the end than the distance we have made for real. My Taycan is a 4s version with the extra performance battery and sport chrono package. According the dealer the performance should be quit the same as the turbo version which I drove last weekend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Like I said in my first message. It is a sensational car. I have 4 Porsche’s and none like this one. It is all in one. The acceleration is extraordinary. Also the range was less reduced in the end than the distance we have made for real. My Taycan is a 4s version with the extra performance battery and sport chrono package. According the dealer the performance should be quit the same as the turbo version which I drove last weekend.
Can't wait to have mine delivered as well :) I'm quite reassured by the fact they told you it would "only" be delayed by a month. So far they didn't tell me anything (I'm supposed to get mine at the end of April).

·
Registered
353 Posts
It's no longer an issue in the U.S. with auto sales now listed as an essential service.

What makes this even better for the Taycan is that 4S deliveries just started. Meaning a strong Q2 ahead for Taycan sales. Q3 too if there aren't any roadblocks. Q4 and on is when most things will start going back to normal.

more:
Auto sales listed as essential service in updated federal guidance
Automotive sales are now considered an essential service during the COVID-19 pandemic, according to updated guidance released Friday by the Department of Homeland Security's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.
The new guidelines include "workers critical to the manufacturing, distribution, sales, rental, leasing, repair, and maintenance of vehicles and other transportation equipment, including electric vehicle charging stations, and the supply chains that enable these operations to facilitate continuity of travel-related operations for essential workers."
"Based on feedback we received, we released version 3.0 of the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers Guidance, which provides clarity around a range of positions needed to support the essential functions laid out in earlier versions," said Christopher Krebs, the agency's director. "As new or evolving challenges emerge, we are looking at what kind of access, personal protective equipment and other resources workers need to continue performing essential duties in a safe and healthy way. This guidance is not a federal mandate, and final decisions remain with state and local officials, who must determine how to balance public health and safety with the need to maintain critical infrastructure in their communities."
The announcement follows intensive lobbying efforts from auto trade groups — including the National Automobile Dealers Association and American Truck Dealers, American International Automobile Dealers Association, National Independent Automobile Dealers Association and National Association of Minority Automobile Dealers, as well as the Alliance for Automotive Innovation — which sent letters to the White House asking President Donald Trump to clarify that certain sales and leasing activities at dealerships are considered essential services.
Initial guidelines from the agency released in mid-March listed vehicle manufacturing, supply manufacturing, maintenance and repair facilities as essential but made no reference to vehicle sales and leasing operations. Car rental and leasing employees were added on March 28.
Cars.com also had urged the government for further clarity and stated its case for keeping dealership sales open in a letter sent March 24 to the department.
"We believe that sales and leasing activity can take place in full compliance with social distancing and all the best practices designed to minimize the spread of the coronavirus," CEO Alex Vetter said in the letter.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's no longer an issue in the U.S. with auto sales now listed as an essential service.

What makes this even better for the Taycan is that 4S deliveries just started. Meaning a strong Q2 ahead for Taycan sales. Q3 too if there aren't any roadblocks. Q4 and on is when most things will start going back to normal.

more:
Auto sales listed as essential service in updated federal guidance
Automotive sales are now considered an essential service during the COVID-19 pandemic, according to updated guidance released Friday by the Department of Homeland Security's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.
The new guidelines include "workers critical to the manufacturing, distribution, sales, rental, leasing, repair, and maintenance of vehicles and other transportation equipment, including electric vehicle charging stations, and the supply chains that enable these operations to facilitate continuity of travel-related operations for essential workers."
"Based on feedback we received, we released version 3.0 of the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers Guidance, which provides clarity around a range of positions needed to support the essential functions laid out in earlier versions," said Christopher Krebs, the agency's director. "As new or evolving challenges emerge, we are looking at what kind of access, personal protective equipment and other resources workers need to continue performing essential duties in a safe and healthy way. This guidance is not a federal mandate, and final decisions remain with state and local officials, who must determine how to balance public health and safety with the need to maintain critical infrastructure in their communities."
The announcement follows intensive lobbying efforts from auto trade groups — including the National Automobile Dealers Association and American Truck Dealers, American International Automobile Dealers Association, National Independent Automobile Dealers Association and National Association of Minority Automobile Dealers, as well as the Alliance for Automotive Innovation — which sent letters to the White House asking President Donald Trump to clarify that certain sales and leasing activities at dealerships are considered essential services.
Initial guidelines from the agency released in mid-March listed vehicle manufacturing, supply manufacturing, maintenance and repair facilities as essential but made no reference to vehicle sales and leasing operations. Car rental and leasing employees were added on March 28.
Cars.com also had urged the government for further clarity and stated its case for keeping dealership sales open in a letter sent March 24 to the department.
"We believe that sales and leasing activity can take place in full compliance with social distancing and all the best practices designed to minimize the spread of the coronavirus," CEO Alex Vetter said in the letter.
WA state, CA & OR have non-essential biz & "shelter in place" ordinances that run thru May 4th. that includes my Porsche Dealership. With most folks under these ordinances you wont see a run on dealerships. My Porsche dealership delivers cars by appointment to those owners who have ordered their cars. Sales atm is closed

·
Registered
353 Posts
WA state, CA & OR have non-essential biz & "shelter in place" ordinances that run thru May 4th. that includes my Porsche Dealership. With most folks under these ordinances you wont see a run on dealerships. My Porsche dealership delivers cars by appointment to those owners who have ordered their cars. Sales atm is closed
I'm not expecting significant, astronomical numbers but it will be strong considering the COVID conditions we're under, better than last month and better than sales of other vehicles/automakers.

In terms of the percentage it makes up of Porsche's Q2 sales volume, 2-3% (last quarter it was 1.84%) is reasonable from a business perspective for month over month growth and keeps them in the green. Far from a run.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very much relieving, this means I can purchase bollards I wanted!

·
Registered
154 Posts
The majority of Taycan orders that are open will not be filled until late this year or even into next year.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My 4S delivery was delayed about a month to Sept 11, 2020.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts