Taycan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mastered using the Profile charging function AND setting the charging limit to 80 or 85%? I can set the limit using the Timer function, but not Profile. I would simply use the Timer function, but then I cannot set the charging to start at my Preferred time (eg 12:00am-6:00am). I tired changing the ”Minimum charge” to 85% in the Profile settings, but that defeats the Preferred charge time and starts the process immediately when plugged in (even if the car needs a couple of hours of charging to get to 85%). When I use Profile, the car delays the charging (to my preferred time of midnight - which is great), BUT it always charges to 100%. If I use the timer function, it charges to 85% - which is great, BUT it starts charging immediately with no delay... bad. How do I get both 85% limit AND Preferred charging time?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone mastered using the Profile charging function AND setting the charging limit to 80 or 85%? I can set the limit using the Timer function, but not Profile. I would simply use the Timer function, but then I cannot set the charging to start at my Preferred time (eg 12:00am-6:00am). I tired changing the ”Minimum charge” to 85% in the Profile settings, but that defeats the Preferred charge time and starts the process immediately when plugged in (even if the car needs a couple of hours of charging to get to 85%). When I use Profile, the car delays the charging (to my preferred time of midnight - which is great), BUT it always charges to 100%. If I use the timer function, it charges to 85% - which is great, BUT it starts charging immediately with no delay... bad. How do I get both 85% limit AND Preferred charging time?

Thanks!
You use both profile charging setting and timer setting I think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks!
I figured out how to charge to a set limit (85%) AND charge at a specific time (eg 12:00am -6:00am). I programmed the Timer to the 85% limit and I also set a Profile to charge at the specific time. I then checked (turned on ) the Timer AND I checked the Profile. The display then shows both the 85% limit and indicates that the Profile is active. I tested last evening and it worked. The charger went into standby and then started charging over night up to 85%.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
the car has 12% (invisible) outside your 100%, so if your purpose is to protect the battery, there should be no need to set it to 85%
You’re absolutely correct. Same with Audi Etron Quattro 55 which we’ve had for over a year and just had service with software update which resulted in Audi letting out a bit of that hold capacity causing our range to improve by about 15%. I’m sure Porsche will do the same overtime and improve the battery management software. Porsche is do conservative I really agree there is no reason not charge to 100%.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts