Taycan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
I found this guide on how to thoroughly clean & disinfect you car, it covers a lot:

How to Properly Clean & Disinfect Germs Bacteria from Car Interior
"The Coronavirus (COVID-19) has changed the way we think about germ, bacteria, and virus cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting. After reading the EPA, CDC, and World Health Organization website, I've compiled all of the (current) recommendations as best I could in this video. I then applied their recommendations to safely clean our interiors without (hopefully) ruining the material in the process. I hope you find this helpful."

·
Registered
119 Posts
That's not far off from other Taycan 4S delivery dates that I've seen. Some say mid-late April.
My car was supposed to be delivered "to Dealer" on April 24th. I am tracking the boat it is on but the boat was delayed into the first port call by 14 days, it sat off of Halifax. It has since left there and now its waiting to moor at its second stop tomorrow. I believe it has two more stops before arriving in Houston where the Porsche cars will be unloaded. I'm now thinking that the April 24th date will be pushed at a minimum of 14 more days before car arrives at dealer. So my guesstimate would be May 8th if you add 14 days and I'm thinking it may be there about may 15th. We shall see.....

·
Registered
262 Posts
My car was supposed to be delivered "to Dealer" on April 24th. I am tracking the boat it is on but the boat was delayed into the first port call by 14 days, it sat off of Halifax. It has since left there and now its waiting to moor at its second stop tomorrow. I believe it has two more stops before arriving in Houston where the Porsche cars will be unloaded. I'm now thinking that the April 24th date will be pushed at a minimum of 14 more days before car arrives at dealer. So my guesstimate would be May 8th if you add 14 days and I'm thinking it may be there about may 15th. We shall see.....
That sounds about right. Porsche first announced Taycan delivery delays back in November 2019, saying it will be a "Spring/Summer delivery," in a message sent to owners in Norway (more on that below). At least U.S deliveries of the 4S are slowly happening within that date range, so far some 4S owners say their cars have reached local ports.

The other problem is how Porsche dealers are processing our cars with reduced hours, service and sales. Did they send you a notice about what to expect on that end?

If you check out your Turbo S when it arrives at the dealer, then keep us posted, probably in this thread: Delivery Photos Thread

From Porsche Norway: "Taycan is our first fully electric sports car. The car is developed from scratch and manufactured in a brand new factory. All Porsche employees have worked with full pressure to start delivering Taycan as scheduled in January. Still, as a result of the enormous complexity surrounding the production of Taycan, we must report that unfortunately the delivery dates are somewhat delayed.

We currently expect delays of around eight to ten weeks, and a new production time for your car will be communicated through your seller as soon as this is ready. We strongly apologize and guarantee that we will do everything we can to deliver your Porsche Taycan as soon as possible."

·
Registered
119 Posts
My car is a Turbo S launch car. And my dealer is doing everything online, we will do all the paper work and stuff beforehand and I will simply pick it up or have it delivered to my house. They are open but by appointment only.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Good to know. Back in mid-March this COVID-19 update was published by my local Porsche dealer.

http://instagr.am/p/B91-odglMG2/
Yep. My dealership is doing all kinds of sanitizing of any cars that are being delivered or serviced. They are picking up many cars for customers at their houses. It’s a shit show but they are really good about details and doing what is right. They are a Premier dealership.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi John,
My Turbo was scheduled to be delivered on 3/27 and was delayed due to shipping. It arrived at the dealership on 4/8 and my delivery appointment was yesterday. The dealership was open by appointment only to deliver cars that had been ordered. The car is gorgeous and I’ll post pictures as soon as the rain stops. Good luck on your delivery. It’s worth the wait.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi John,
My Turbo was scheduled to be delivered on 3/27 and was delayed due to shipping. It arrived at the dealership on 4/8 and my delivery appointment was yesterday. The dealership was open by appointment only to deliver cars that had been ordered. The car is gorgeous and I’ll post pictures as soon as the rain stops. Good luck on your delivery. It’s worth the wait.
Congrats ! Boat is scheduled to be in Houston on the 15th. Car should be at dealer several days after that.

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
My car is a Turbo S launch car. And my dealer is doing everything online, we will do all the paper work and stuff beforehand and I will simply pick it up or have it delivered to my house. They are open but by appointment only.
Are they going to do a virtual walkthrough with you?
I've been chatting with another dealer (different brand too) that's going to basically record walkthroughs for customers.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Not sure. I’ve already been through the features with dealer before the lockdown so I saw most of the functions on the dash and such. I’m familiar with the brand so it should be pretty straight forward. I may just have them deliver the car to my house on a flat bed and go from there.

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
Not sure. I’ve already been through the features with dealer before the lockdown so I saw most of the functions on the dash and such. I’m familiar with the brand so it should be pretty straight forward. I may just have them deliver the car to my house on a flat bed and go from there.
I'd prefer that for sure. Don't need the fanfare.
Tomorrow os the 15th. Just one more sleep... although just because it's at port doesn't mean you'll get it right away.

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
Hi John,
VERY Exciting. Post pics for sure!!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'd prefer that for sure. Don't need the fanfare.
Tomorrow os the 15th. Just one more sleep... although just because it's at port doesn't mean you'll get it right away.
Anything is possible. I am told that once the cars get to port they get them out to the dealer within a few days, under normal
circumstances. We are a trying to look at the paperwork this week. Once I take delivery I’m putting that thing into service. Due to my current work and living arrangement I have a combined commute if 135 miles per day. And a good part of that commute is at 85-90 mph. I like to drive kinda fast....so I’m gonna see for myself pretty quickly what kind of range this car really has.

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
Anything is possible. I am told that once the cars get to port they get them out to the dealer within a few days, under normal
circumstances. We are a trying to look at the paperwork this week. Once I take delivery I’m putting that thing into service. Due to my current work and living arrangement I have a combined commute if 135 miles per day. And a good part of that commute is at 85-90 mph. I like to drive kinda fast....so I’m gonna see for myself pretty quickly what kind of range this car really has.
Wow. You'll get a LOT of seat time.
That's a hell of a drive every day. It better be a not of empty highways or that could take FOREVER.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts