Taycan Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone planning on getting aftermarket wheels for their Taycan? What kind? size? style?
I definitely will........car came with (47L) 21" Tay Exclusive Design Wheels.....they are For Sale. Car has not been driven yet.
I see Smitty shared Suncoast's supposed data on offsets was.
9.5J was expected on the fronts.....a tad surprised at the 11.5 on the rear but probably correct.
I'll have the car back in my shop next week and will pull a wheel and see if offset is stamped.
With custom wheels I too would go for a slightly lower offset and get that wheel out a tad for a better body fit.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I definitely will........car came with (47L) 21" Tay Exclusive Design Wheels.....they are For Sale. Car has not been driven yet.
9.5J was expected on the fronts.....a tad surprised at the 11.5 on the rear but probably correct.
I'll have the car back in my shop next week and will pull a wheel and see if offset is stamped.
With custom wheels I too would go for a slightly lower offset and get that wheel out a tad for a better body fit.
Do you have any ideas on where you'll look for your new wheels?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seems like pushing the front and rear wheels out by about 10mm works well.

From the other forum, someone test-fitted spacers - on the right pic! 15mm front, 10mm rear:

Another source - the owner shared the offsets of these HRE wheels, and they are pushed out by 8mm front, 10mm rear.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Those 10 and 15 mm spacers look pretty good on that Taycan. I wonder if it makes a noticeable difference when they're driving it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Those 10 and 15 mm spacers look pretty good on that Taycan. I wonder if it makes a noticeable difference when they're driving it.
I've got spacers on my Pan and a slightly wider track on my 911 and they don't drive any differently. You will get more small rocks thrown up with increased chance of stone chips as there will be more tire outside of the wheel well.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Got the specs from the owner:
F: 21x9 ET42
R: 21x10.5 ET45

Narrower than OEM 21s, which are 9.5 and 11.5" wide. However, the offsets place his wheels 12mm and 9mm outwards in a more aggressive stance.

@GreggT - it's starting to look like an extra 12mm front and 10mm rear is just about right. If and when I custom forge a wheel, it'll probably be 21x9.5 ET48 and 21x11.5 ET56

·
Registered
223 Posts
View attachment 2113

Got the specs from the owner:
F: 21x9 ET42
R: 21x10.5 ET45

Narrower than OEM 21s, which are 9.5 and 11.5" wide. However, the offsets place his wheels 12mm and 9mm outwards in a more aggressive stance.

@GreggT - it's starting to look like an extra 12mm front and 10mm rear is just about right. If and when I custom forge a wheel, it'll probably be 21x9.5 ET48 and 21x11.5 ET56
Who made those wheels @Chowster?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Who made those wheels @Chowster?
I believe they're Rohana wheels. It was posted on the facebook Taycan group. I'm not too keen on the narrower wheels and in turn narrower tires, as that would reduce handling and grip. He didn't provide the tire specs, but I don't think he would put 305s on the 10.5" wheels.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts