Taycan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer rep claims:
(a) Taycan 4S has been tested as having 309 miles of range
(b) Taycan rear wheel driver version will be announced April 2021 with SUD in Q3-2021

Anybody else here heard anything like this?

Since we are planning to use the Taycan as a daily driver, we definitely prioritize range and trunk space over others which is why we gravitated towards the 4S vs the Turbo. We both test drove the Turbo and it sure drives great but I think the 4S won't be any slouch given its a Porsche at the end of the day.

·
Super Moderator
782 Posts
That's the first I've heard. If the 4S can top 300 miles, now we're talking!

What dealer?

·
Super Moderator
782 Posts
On second thought, the WLTP range is roughly 288 miles. So I think something closer to 250 is realistic for EPA ratings.

"The range is up to 407 kilometres with the Performance battery and up to 463 kilometres with the Performance battery Plus (in accordance with WLTP in each case) – the highest value of the current Taycan range."

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This was Porsche of Fremont. His exact words were they used the same independent testing firm and got 309 miles of range for the 4S. I asked him if the rear wheel drive only version would have better range than the 4S and he said it would be roughly similar due to less efficient motors though also much cheaper.

I have lost faith in the EPA numbers given they are not even apples to apples comparison. Did they ever test the Tesla Model S themselves or just use manufacturer test numbers which would explain the big gap between the high EPA quoted range and the real world numbers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
On second thought, the WLTP range is roughly 288 miles. So I think something closer to 250 is realistic for EPA ratings.

"The range is up to 407 kilometres with the Performance battery and up to 463 kilometres with the Performance battery Plus (in accordance with WLTP in each case) – the highest value of the current Taycan range."

This was Porsche of Fremont. His exact words were they used the same independent testing firm and got 309 miles of range for the 4S. I asked him if the rear wheel drive only version would have better range than the 4S and he said it would be roughly similar due to less efficient motors though also much cheaper.

I have lost faith in the EPA numbers given they are not even apples to apples comparison. Did they ever test the Tesla Model S themselves or just use manufacturer test numbers which would explain the big gap between the high EPA quoted range and the real world numbers.
250 mile range? Lucid is boasting about their 2022 vehicle which is comparably priced to a 4S, getting 500+ (FIVE HUNDRED PLUS).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts