Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Car Wheel Vehicle Window Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I added the colored center caps yesterday. They look nice in my opinion. Will post picture when it stops raining.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Car

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally installed the clear side markers. Done for know but may do some more accents in the future.

Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Automotive parking light

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the addition of my prestige license plate my 4S is now finished. I'm amping it up today at an Electrify American charging station.

Vehicle registration plate Plant Grille Hood Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Decided to have the top and door handles wrapped in gloss black. Very happy with the outcome.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant
Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Plant
Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Car Plant Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
156 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one who likes his Taycan in white ;)
While I also totally agree that white is a great color for the Taycan, after most of a lifetime of exclusively white cars, including my lovely 911 C4S, I decide on silver this time. I am hoping that it will hide dirt just a bit better.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can’t go wrong with silver.

·
Registered
16 Posts
While I also totally agree that white is a great color for the Taycan, after most of a lifetime of exclusively white cars, including my lovely 911 C4S, I decide on silver this time. I am hoping that it will hide dirt just a bit better.
Yeah darker colors will hide dirt just a tad better. But I will visit the car wash with that car often anyway, so dirt isn't really an issue for me :p

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
None of my past 7 Porsches have been white. I'm finding it surprising easy to keep white clean. More so than the darker colors I have owned.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeah darker colors will hide dirt just a tad better. But I will visit the car wash with that car often anyway, so dirt isn't really an issue for me :p
One of the most surprising things I saw when in Zürich was how clean all the cars were. On the street where we stayed there were leaves from the trees lining the street on the sidewalk and in the street, but leaves (and only 3) on only one of the cars parked on the street. It was spooky, but somehow very Swiss.

But here in Santa Clara County California, we are in a drought and I am not allowed to wash my own car, must go to a carwash with recycled water. I consider it a bother to go to a car wash, but my wife is hinting that for the Taycan she might buy a 1-year all the washes you want pass at one semi-local car wash.

The most difficult to keep clean car we ever owned was a black one. I will never do that again! Only kept that one for a few years, and we normally keep our cars for a very long time, like my white 2004 911 C4S.

But back to the thread, I do think that the Taycan shows best in white. Porsche demonstrated that they knew that by having the Mission E show car in white. It just shows the lines and curves best.

·
Registered
16 Posts
One of the most surprising things I saw when in Zürich was how clean all the cars were. On the street where we stayed there were leaves from the trees lining the street on the sidewalk and in the street, but leaves (and only 3) on only one of the cars parked on the street. It was spooky, but somehow very Swiss.

But here in Santa Clara County California, we are in a drought and I am not allowed to wash my own car, must go to a carwash with recycled water. I consider it a bother to go to a car wash, but my wife is hinting that for the Taycan she might buy a 1-year all the washes you want pass at one semi-local car wash.

The most difficult to keep clean car we ever owned was a black one. I will never do that again! Only kept that one for a few years, and we normally keep our cars for a very long time, like my white 2004 911 C4S.

But back to the thread, I do think that the Taycan shows best in white. Porsche demonstrated that they knew that by having the Mission E show car in white. It just shows the lines and curves best.
Well... I suppose Swiss like to keep their cars clean, I usually see clean cars mostly as well. We aren't alloweed to wash our cars at home as well, because of chemicals and oils from your car that could get in to the ground water. I have like 3 car washes within minutes of driving, one which uses distilled water. The best premium program costs you like 32 USD approx. per wash but then again, I bought a Taycan so this shouldn't be an issue.

My current Mini Cooper Coupé 2011 has white silver metallic and it's a lovely color, I don't find it to get dirty often. The Taycan really shows its curves in white, but I noticed many 2nd hand Taycans that are being sold here, are almost always black or grey. Don't know what's with swiss people taking dark colors for their luxury vehicles =P

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When a black cars is clean it looks amazing. Unfortunately as soon as you start driving it shows ever spec of dust. It,s also one of the worst color for showing swirl marks.

Reactions: TheParaChuter
1 - 16 of 16 Posts