Taycan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to say Porsche does not have their act together on this one. My 2020 Taycan turbo has been in the shop for a week. They dealer continue to struggle with this upgrade with no clear indication of when I’ll get my car back. I guess this is what happens when an automotive company like Porsche tries to do software. They indicated they’ve had one vehicle in since the begining of April

I would highly recommend waiting a bit till Porsche refines their process. This is a mess and and embarrassment for such a fine car company

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
138 Posts
Sorry to say Porsche does not have their act together on this one. My 2020 Taycan turbo has been in the shop for a week. They dealer continue to struggle with this upgrade with no clear indication of when I’ll get my car back. I guess this is what happens when an automotive company like Porsche tries to do software. They indicated they’ve had one vehicle in since the begining of April

I would highly recommend waiting a bit till Porsche refines their process. This is a mess and and embarrassment for such a fine car company
change porsche to dealership, it seems that it is your dealership who is having issues, many others have had their cars in and out with the update.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes, the problem is the dealerships that don't have the technical acuity to setup this software upgrade. I will say that Porsche is of course ultimately responsible for releasing an incredibly complex upgrade and not training their dealers sufficiently. My dealer is one of the best, and my car was #7 for the tech, who completed it perfectly in 12 hours (down from 17 hours on the first one). I did not have to do anything after the update, all preexisting settings were saved and I had wireless CarPlay, Smartlift, and quite a few other improvements. No automatic QuickCharge though - this is evidently a problem for those of us who ordered the 150kW 400V DC charger. Hopefully this will be fixed with the next update that is OTA.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm happy to report my 4 S seems to have survived the software update. It was in the shop for 2.5 days. I had to send a refresh signal to the satellite radio but retained all the other settings I am aware of ( 85% charging profile, cell phone, garage door opener ,etc ). Of course Innodrive was set to follow the speed limit. Satellite favorites were gone.

·
Registered
2020 Taycan Turbo
12 Posts
I'm happy to report my 4 S seems to have survived the software update. It was in the shop for 2.5 days. I had to send a refresh signal to the satellite radio but retained all the other settings I am aware of ( 85% charging profile, cell phone, garage door opener ,etc ). Of course Innodrive was set to follow the speed limit. Satellite favorites were gone.
Anyone have trouble with Innodrive after the upgrade? I can't get it to activate. ACC works fine. Taking it in for a check

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "tgerlinger, message: 10018, membre: 2858"]
Quelqu'un a-t-il des problèmes avec Innodrive après la mise à niveau? Je n'arrive pas à l'activer. ACC fonctionne très bien. Le prendre pour un chèque
[/CITATION]
Oui, mise à jour cette semaine (ils l'ont gardée 2 semaines), mon InnoDrive ne fonctionne plus.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche’s Taycan 4S
1 Posts
Yes, the problem is the dealerships that don't have the technical acuity to setup this software upgrade. I will say that Porsche is of course ultimately responsible for releasing an incredibly complex upgrade and not training their dealers sufficiently. My dealer is one of the best, and my car was #7 for the tech, who completed it perfectly in 12 hours (down from 17 hours on the first one). I did not have to do anything after the update, all preexisting settings were saved and I had wireless CarPlay, Smartlift, and quite a few other improvements. No automatic QuickCharge though - this is evidently a problem for those of us who ordered the 150kW 400V DC charger. Hopefully this will be fixed with the next update that is OTA.
I too have had my Taycan 4S at the dealership for a week, and I still don’t have my Taycan back!!! I believe that I may have the first Taycan 4S delivered from this Northeast Pa dealership, and they have had little or no experience with this vehicle or upgrade. They have even attempted to replace the onboard computer/PCM, with still no success.
Regardless if who’s fault this is, its absolutely absurd that we purchase a $150,000 vehicle, and when it comes to maintenance or upgrade, we the loyal enthusiast is left holding the bag....
Ive owned a few Porsche’s over the years (all non EV) and never had any issues with maintenance or upgrades..
Not sure what to expect, but the dealership as of the end of the long week of no real success, have still not made me feel warm and fuzzy about the ultimate upgrade and return of my vehicle.....

·
Registered
65 Posts

Dealers all over are having problems with the upgrade. Installation sometimes screws up existing tech in the car. I think they’re waiting for more info from Germany.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Has anyone figured out what the 2020 update is supposed to do? One thing I've heard is that it communicates with the Electrify America chargers automatically without all the comms stuff you have to go through...in other words, they recognize each other and start automatically.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
774 Posts
I am lucky to have gotten my 4S from a Premier dealer. I have been doing business with them for over 10 years and their people are up to snuff on everything.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
774 Posts
(y)(y)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts