Taycan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
I successfully downloaded a software update for my 2020 4S...does anyone know what might be included in this update?
I know there have been a few OTA updates, but the big update to bring the 2020s up to 2021 features (e.g., Function on Demand and Plug and Charge) is still several weeks away here in USA. It will require a trip to the dealer and maybe 8 hours (I've heard).

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know there have been a few OTA updates, but the big update to bring the 2020s up to 2021 features (e.g., Function on Demand and Plug and Charge) is still several weeks away here in USA. It will require a trip to the dealer and maybe 8 hours (I've heard).
Thanks....I look forward to it.
My 4S has operated flawlessly since it arrived in September, in frigid upstate NY even.

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did the update occur automatically like with a Tesla, or do you need to perform some steps? What is the procedure?
The little gear icon on the charger display presented a red dot, indicating that a software update was available. You have the option of having it update automatically, or you can start it yourself...that is what I did. The update took about 20 minutes to download.

· Registered
10 Posts
The little gear icon on the charger display presented a red dot, indicating that a software update was available. You have the option of having it update automatically, or you can start it yourself...that is what I did. The update took about 20 minutes to download.
I've never seen this red dot... where exactly are you talking about? On the upper screen or the haptic screen?

· Registered
10 Posts
I believe it's downloading a software update to the car.
I don't believe that is the case... the mobile charger has it's own firmware update via wifi... the car uses the built in LTE to download maps and minors updates... so far, no true major OTA has been done via LTE, and needs to be done at the dealership... hopefully when this big firmware update is done at the dealership, all future firmware updates are done via true OTA

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't believe that is the case... the mobile charger has it's own firmware update via wifi... the car uses the built in LTE to download maps and minors updates... so far, no true major OTA has been done via LTE, and needs to be done at the dealership... hopefully when this big firmware update is done at the dealership, all future firmware updates are done via true OTA
Thanks for the clarification...my dealer has intimated that a substantial update/service is in the offing soon. In the last month or so, I have received several notifications in the PCM regarding successful map updates.

· Registered
1 Posts
Try like 2 days and it’s update to dash stinks. Cut out my phone, had to reconnect all services and lost navigation function

· Registered
6 Posts
I had my Turbo upgraded last week.Good news, the PCM is now much more user friendly, responds quicker, and wireless carplay is live. Bad news, the update bricked the main computer and I had to wait 2 weeks for a new one to arrive from Germany. Dealer lent me a nice new Cayenne S which softened the blow, but beware, they said lots of updates had been problematic.

· Registered
68 Posts
I had my Turbo upgraded last week.Good news, the PCM is now much more user friendly, responds quicker, and wireless carplay is live. Bad news, the update bricked the main computer and I had to wait 2 weeks for a new one to arrive from Germany. Dealer lent me a nice new Cayenne S which softened the blow, but beware, they said lots of updates had been problematic.
Dealers are having trouble with the updates. They can load them but they’re crashing other systems. So there’s a hold on some of the updates. Mine has been rescheduled three time so far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.