Taycan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
rumors are the update has probs and my delivery being delayed is b/ of the SW (and not missing parts)…

·
Registered
3 Posts
My car was in only overnight at Champion. Seems like they have a big back log in service broadly. I brought mine in midday and had it back the next day. Everything updated and over the past 48 hours everything seems to work well with no bugs or issues.
got mine back yesterday ant the reason for the delay was the heads up display gave difficulties with the update

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine went in Wednesday and they said it would be Monday or Tuesday before it was done. Definitely hitting some issues! The heads up display? Any others? Has anyone got theirs back and seen the improvement in programs?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have one of the first 2020 4S Taycan delivered in NY (July 2020) and I was just called by my dealer for the software update which requires the portable charger as well (that needs to be updated also). They said it would take a couple of days so I will have a loaner in the interim. I understand that this is a big deal update since it will allow "over the air" updates in the future like Tesla.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Service advisor called and said they were having trouble with the updates. Cancelled my appointment until they get it sorted out.
Thanks!

Yes, we hear there's some glitches with the update. Better not to install yet.
Actually, supposingly my new car is delayed b/ this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine went in Wednesday and they said it would be Monday or Tuesday before it was done. Definitely hitting some issues! The heads up display? Any others? Has anyone got theirs back and seen the improvement in programs?
i cannot detect any difference after the update

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow, that's sad! I think the earlier recommendation DON'T BRING IT IN UNTIL THEY FIX THE BUGS is a good one. Having had software updates on my planes at most requiring 24 hours, so this is having unintended and potentially not good consequences on the car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow, that's sad! I think the earlier recommendation DON'T BRING IT IN UNTIL THEY FIX THE BUGS is a good one. Having had software updates on my planes at most requiring 24 hours, so this is having unintended and potentially not good consequences on the car.
in a plane the consequences are definitely potentially more severe if not done properly! LOL

·
Registered
Taycan 4S | Performance Battery Plus
14 Posts
My Taycan is at the dealer getting the software update as I post this and will be ready to be picked tomorrow morning , I’ll let you guys know how it goes

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks!

Yes, we hear there's some glitches with the update. Better not to install yet.
Actually, supposingly my new car is delayed b/ this.
I'm hearing there are NO 'glitches' with the update if it is properly installed. I'm also hearing that the installation is quite difficult, and this is probably where the 'glitches' are being reported. Things like a requirement for the battery charge to be within a certain window during updates, and other tricky items will definitely cause problems over the daylong update if procedures are not rigorously followed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
my 21 4s is in at champion as well for an update but it has been in for a week so the update must be difficult
My 2020 TS has been at Porsche Marin for 9 days to get the software update and still no word on when they will finish. Not surprising as the dealership was bought by indiGO Auto Group and it has been downhill ever since. The purchase process was the worst experience I have ever had with any car, much less a $250k car.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Taycan
20 Posts
Took my 202 Turbo S in for some updates (puddle lights and clear reflectors) and they called to say that if we wanted to leave it we could get the software update. Of course we agreed. It took longer than they expected because it kept failing on the last "test." Finally got it back after a whole week (software update started on day 2, failed on days 3 & 4 but then worked on day 7 with 5 & 6 being the weekend and service was closed). I was getting worried, but the car is working great.
BTW, this is Porsche Palm Springs, also owned by IndiGo Auto.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was scheduled for yesterday but the dealership called me before I got there and asked me to wait. Said they’d heard of instances where the update bricked the car requiring a new PCM from Germany, so they’d like to complete the 2 they have now before they start any others. Called back today and was told the first one they have still says 12 hours remaining or something to that effect... so I’ll call back again tmw and go from there.

·
Registered
Taycan 4S | Performance Battery Plus
14 Posts
My update was completed in a day, about 8 hours, no glitches , no issues, got lucky I guess!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Seems like the issue with updates comes down to training of the techs and how many techs have been properly trained. I was told the tech needs to sit there with a laptop computer through the process.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Seems like the issue with updates comes down to training of the techs and how many techs have been properly trained. I was told the tech needs to sit there with a laptop computer through the process.
I agree it is a training issue. I received mine back today with no problems whatsoever and everything working without my having to do anything. No reprogramming homelink, no reinitializing the PCM, nothing for me to do at all. Homelink works, auto-lift works, passenger screen on while driving works, wireless CarPlay works, dynamic ambient lighting works, and display is improved. There are quite a few other features that I haven't checked out yet. The only thing that is not functioning is the plug-and-charge. I was told that it will not work for now in cars with the 150kW 400V charger - lucky me for ordering...

The bottom line here is that there is nothing wrong with the software other than it is difficult to install and requires proper training. The dealerships where 'none of the cars are driving off the lots' and they have cancelled all updates are clearly sub-par dealerships.

·
Registered
2020 Taycan Turbo
12 Posts
Service advisor called and said they were having trouble with the updates. Cancelled my appointment until they get it sorted out.
I ended up taking mine in last Monday. Update was completed within two days. Bluetooth Apple CarPlay works well. All other systems seem to be functioning well. Haven’t explored all the different software changes, but appears to be an overall improvement.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts