Taycan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the update done on Tuesday. Everything went seamless in two hours. Kinda nervous about it but went great. I think it fixed the interior security too that sounded the alarm before. Time will tell.

· Registered
10 Posts
Another advantage of the Dedicated Team Model mlsdev.com is the lack of an intermediary or project manager. With a dedicated team, you'll be able to communicate directly with developers and set goals, structure workflow, and manage the pace of software development. Multi-tasking decreases efficiency, IQ, and concentration, among other factors. Software development teams cannot effectively concentrate on many projects at the same time.

· Registered
310 Posts
How is the new software update going from Porsche ? Interested to hear what the update is for and any issues Taycan owners have had.
It was a power management update. I was in for some other issues that took a bit of time and this updated came out before they delivered the car back to me, so they did it too. My car is fine now, and I did not loose the GPS locations where I want the car to lift, as some others mentioned.

· Registered
2 Posts
How is the new software update going from Porsche ? Interested to hear what the update is for and any issues Taycan owners have had.
The latest Taycan software update changed the way home link works w the star on the dash - you used to push the star and it activated the home link -
Now u hit the star and a home link menu opens and u have to choose the garage door opener

· Registered
49 Posts
The latest Taycan software update changed the way home link works w the star on the dash - you used to push the star and it activated the home link -
Now u hit the star and a home link menu opens and u have to choose the garage door opener
That’s how it has always worked IF you had more than one device (garage door, gate, etc.) to control. When I had just my home garage door programmed it could be operated with the just diamond on the dash. Then I added a couple other garage doors for a lakehouse house and then the list of doors would appear after pressing the button. I also have the Homelink list appear when approaching either home and this is a nice feature.

Pros and cons with this though. You have to close the Homelink window because it blocks a portion of the PCM. Also, the Homelink window won’t close itself once you leave a location. And it gets hidden when the camera takes over the PCM. So, when backing out of a garage the camera comes on but I have to close it to use Homelink. Lots of very inconvenient button pushing.
Carmakers want to put too much on the computer screens that it just doesn’t make sense. They need more hard buttons or even more customizable buttons on the dash.

· Registered
18 Posts
That’s how it has always worked IF you had more than one device (garage door, gate, etc.) to control. When I had just my home garage door programmed it could be operated with the just diamond on the dash. Then I added a couple other garage doors for a lakehouse house and then the list of doors would appear after pressing the button. I also have the Homelink list appear when approaching either home and this is a nice feature.

Pros and cons with this though. You have to close the Homelink window because it blocks a portion of the PCM. Also, the Homelink window won’t close itself once you leave a location. And it gets hidden when the camera takes over the PCM. So, when backing out of a garage the camera comes on but I have to close it to use Homelink. Lots of very inconvenient button pushing.
Carmakers want to put too much on the computer screens that it just doesn’t make sense. They need more hard buttons or even more customizable buttons on the dash.
This is definitely more of a UI/coding thing. If someone can figure out how to "jailbreak" the PCM we might be able to get some new UI knocked out...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts