Taycan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a taycan turbo 2020, 1. Generation.

After some issues with the doors and the sound system (vibrations) where fixed after 3. attempts and many discussions I focus now on the software.

The list of issues is very long and it mostly are issues that appear rarely so its hard to fix. I was hoping that the things will be fixed with a software update in march but then i was told, that it wont be rolled out for this generation and that i need instead to buy a new taycan to get the software update which is really great.

The issues with the software i have:
  • software reacts very slow on clicks, especially after startup
  • Gps search rarely doesnt show results, need to delete and type again
  • Satelliten view of map just falls out, need to reactivate property approx weekly
  • favorites of radio channels dissapear approx monthly, before a fix it was weekly...
  • ambient lights property falls out need to reavtivate approx weekly
  • webradio dab often just doesnt work
  • apple functions also not
  • and even the bluetooth connection not at the same time... (restart doesnt help... )
  • sometimes dab doesnt find some channels other work
  • handyapp extrelmy slow, cant connect to car, can not close doors windows anything over app
  • properties like automatic closing and comfort entry just fall out approx all 3 months, need to reactivate a bit
  • traffic jams are just not show when the radio doesnt work, timecalculation and direction wrong

Does anyone have the same problems? Is this only my car that has these problems? What can i do as porsche doesnt wants to update the software? Any help expexted beside buying another 250 000 dollar car for a software update? Does it maybe have something to do with the chip shortage and i received therefor a gps system from the 70s?
Any help very aporeciated.

Thanks bye

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello

After some issues with the doors and the sound system (vibrations) where fixed after 3. attempts and many discussions I focus now on the software.

The list of issues is very long and it mostly are issues that appear rarely so its hard to fix. I was hoping that the things will be fixed with a software update in march but then i was told, that it wont be rolled out for this generation and that i need instead to buy a new taycan to get the software update which is really great.

• Satelliten view of map just falls out, need to reactivate property approx weekly
  • favorites of radio channels dissapear approx monthly, before a fix it was weekly...
  • and even the bluetooth connection not at the same time... (restart doesnt help... )
  • handyapp extrelmy slow, cant connect to car, can not close doors windows anything over app
  • properties like automatic closing and comfort entry just fall out approx all 3 months, need to reactivate a bit
  • traffic jams are just not show when the radio doesnt work, timecalculation and direction wrong

Does anyone have the same problems? Is this only my car that has these problems? What can i do as porsche doesnt wants to update the software? Any help expexted beside buying another 250 000 dollar car for a software update? Does it maybe have something to do with the chip shortage and i received therefor a gps system from the 70s?

Thanks bye
I’m sorry about your problems and I, along with every Taycan owner, has software issues. I have a base 2021. I’m taking it to dealer this Thursday for a software recall. My Taycan was at dealer for two weeks after delivery to fix software and now have about 7,000 miles in a year with only a software glitch occasionally, but no problem. I would contact Porsche North America and discuss your ongoing problems. I find it hard to believe that they will not install software updates unless they are not intended for your model. Regardless, it’s under warranty. If possible, try another dealer since I’m convinced that not all technicians are capable in software problems. Don’t give up. My best.

·
Registered
2020 Taycan Turbo
13 Posts
I’m sorry about your problems and I, along with every Taycan owner, has software issues. I have a base 2021. I’m taking it to dealer this Thursday for a software recall. My Taycan was at dealer for two weeks after delivery to fix software and now have about 7,000 miles in a year with only a software glitch occasionally, but no problem. I would contact Porsche North America and discuss your ongoing problems. I find it hard to believe that they will not install software updates unless they are not intended for your model. Regardless, it’s under warranty. If possible, try another dealer since I’m convinced that not all technicians are capable in software problems. Don’t give up. My best.
I’ve had very similar issues as listed above. Have mine in at the dealer now, getting the most recent updates, I think there were four of them. Also had the heater stop working, which is being replaced. Love the car but it seems like there are a number of small issues that have kept it at the dealer longer than I’ve ever had to have a Porsche over the last decade of ownership.

·
Registered
2020 Taycan Turbo S
38 Posts
I had the camera's go out yesterday, about 10 days since the car was back at the dealer for the DME update. Monday the car is scheduled to have the radar detector removed.....I'm done. car is being sold.

·
Registered
2020 Taycan Turbo S
38 Posts
Hello

Thanks bye
All of these problems exist in all the cars, and there are other problems. Software is a complete disaster.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello

Thanks bye
Nothing but problems. Porsche does not have a clue and don’t care. They need to stick to gas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts