Taycan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have this issue?

When I press the door handle sensor on the outside of my 2021 Taycan 4S to lock the doors it sometimes won’t respond. It may take waiting for 5 or ten seconds and then pressing again until it will lock. This is frustrating, especially in the rain. It’s also embarrassing.

FYI, the doors can be locked right away using the key, but this is not the convenient option.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Anyone else have this issue?

When I press the door handle sensor on the outside of my 2021 Taycan 4S to lock the doors it sometimes won’t respond. It may take waiting for 5 or ten seconds and then pressing again until it will lock. This is frustrating, especially in the rain. It’s also embarrassing.

FYI, the doors can be locked right away using the key, but this is not the convenient option.
Hi have the same problem...sometime it responds, sometime it doesn't

·
Registered
33 Posts
I guess upcoming updates fixes. Now that is why OTA updates is a game change. I hope they are for free.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car doesn’t seem to like having the key too close. Not sure about that yet.

I keep my key in my pocket and have been experimenting with standing so that it is a little further from the door. I think it helps, so maybe the key has been too close.

The same problem seems to occur with the front hood. The further back the key the easier it opens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i haven't noticed any change with the update - however, try the rear door - i don't know why, but i have much better luck locking from the rear door than the driver door

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
i haven't noticed any change with the update - however, try the rear door - i don't know why, but i have much better luck locking from the rear door than the driver door
Thanks. I'll give that a try.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Also, I noticed that, while I have my wallet on me which has RIF protection, the doors lags in closing? If I don't have my wallet, doors close ok? May be wrong but worth noting

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
That’s an interesting observation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts