Taycan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 taycan picked up in May. Great ride. Damaged on auto transportation truck to Florida. Will fight it out with carrier and insurance company insisting only on PORSCHE approved parts and collision center. I was told that they will have to take car to PORSCHE to shut down battery in order to work on it and I will lose my settings, most likely. If this is true, is there any way that I can avoid that problem? Thanks to anyone who is responding and thanks to those who have responded to my Elementary questions in the past.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,022 Posts
2021 taycan picked up in May. Great ride. Damaged on auto transportation truck to Florida. Will fight it out with carrier and insurance company insisting only on PORSCHE approved parts and collision center. I was told that they will have to take car to PORSCHE to shut down battery in order to work on it and I will lose my settings, most likely. If this is true, is there any way that I can avoid that problem? Thanks to anyone who is responding and thanks to those who have responded to my Elementary questions in the past.
What was the damage?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,022 Posts
Hopefully you will get this resolved to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan RWD, Cherry Red Metallic
18 Posts
Ugh I just want to say I'm sorry you had this experience. I shipped a car ONCE and it was a nightmare. Fortunately no damage but it went "missing" for several weeks. Never again, when I need to relocate I just drive it now.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,022 Posts
I shipped my 458 spider from CA to Hawaii a few wears ago and the roof panels were damaged in shipping. Kind of put me off the process...

That would do the same for me. Don't trust car shipping companies. Always seems be be issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts