Taycan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should Porsche get into the electric pickup truck market? These photos I found show what one could look like.

Porsche was ahead of the curve on SUVs, so it wouldn't be too farfetched to see them invest in a pickup.

Porsche Electric Pickup Rendering
Porsche Electric Pickup Rendering

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yes!

A Porsche pickup truck based on the same PL72 platform that the Cayenne sits on, or anything with similar capabilities, could make this possible. It can already tow more than the Tacoma and similar pickups.
However, I have a feeling that VW group will let Audi have at it first.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes!

A Porsche pickup truck based on the same PL72 platform that the Cayenne sits on, or anything with similar capabilities, could make this possible. It can already tow more than the Tacoma and similar pickups.
However, I have a feeling that VW group will let Audi have at it first.
It does seem like something that Audi or VW would have rather than Porsche, but I'll hold out hope for a Porsche Pickup lol.

·
Registered
264 Posts
It does seem like something that Audi or VW would have rather than Porsche, but I'll hold out hope for a Porsche Pickup lol.
Apparently at one point VW was working with Ford to launch a pickup, using the Rangers platform. So VW might have something for us soon!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apparently at one point VW was working with Ford to launch a pickup, using the Rangers platform. So VW might have something for us soon!
Really? I didn't know that. Smart move for VW, there isn't a better company to partner with for a pickup than Ford.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts