Taycan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am reading all these posts about charging and the Taycan shutting off in the middle of the road and they are scaring the bejesus out of me.

I HATE problematic cars. The rattles and the gaps in the fittings have scared me away from Tesla. That’s really how I ended up at Taycan. But 4 of the last 6 cars I have owned have been Porsche, so its not altogether unexpected that I would end up back here.

The current plan is to trade my 2019 911 4S for a 4S Cross Turismo. Is that totally insane?

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's beautiful car to have and very reliable. of course it has some defects like rattle noise and this power loss. However, I'm sure Porsche will handle it in any upcoming recalls.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello HZ1946:
I've have the same queasy feeling as you (mine not coming until August), but doubtless they will find the problem and fix it. Hang in there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m really just looking for general feedback and advice here. I absolutely love the way the car looks and drives but I’ve been reading some horror stories about maintenance and reliability. I currently own a 2017 Cayenne hybrid S as well as a 1982 911 SC. I absolutely love Porsche but I’m just not sure about the Taycan and whether I should wait a year until they work the kinks out. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
30 Posts
well for one thing, with all the shortages of everything, plus rising inflation, it will cost more to wait, but being a porsche owner already, that probably doesn't matter much. On the other hand, waiting may offer you even better variants of the taycan (sounds like covid eh?), so I suppose if you are not in a hurry, wait and maybe a better body style may come along with more range & power. There will be tremendous flux in the EV market over the next few years.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Just got my 2021 Taycan 4S. Could not be happier at this point. Traded my 2019 6 speed manual Boxster GTS and no regrets yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just picked up our 4S today. I will let y’all know how it goes. 😎. There’s no mistaking it is an incredible drive and beautiful looking vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts