Taycan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you seasoned owners have probably figured this out already, but here's something I just found that might be useful. I have the HomeLink programmed to operate my gate and also my garage door. However, the default position of the HomeLink icon on the Home screen is at the bottom row, so I have to scroll down to activate it.

I moved the icon up to the second row, but then I realized that I can program the shortcut button (diamond shape) on right of the instrument cluster to go straight to the HomeLink screen! Now it is super fast to get to the screen as I'm nearing the gate, no matter what the central display is doing.

· Registered
7 Posts
It should be able to program the actual function. Rumor has it you can delete one profile, add the shortcut to the standalone home link and it will operate the actual function. Haven’t had a chance to try it yet though. You can also program your garage and gate at the same time to one profile. Home link can handle that. I have one button that will do both garage doors at the same time.

· Registered
7 Posts
Follow up. If you only have one homelink programmed and make that your shortcut it will activate the function when depressed. However if you add a second homelink the button will only take you to the screen and won’t allow to save one as the actual function. Tested and verified.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.