Taycan Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yep. I have been back to dealer twice this week. Really disappointing that Porsche pushed these vehicles out without educating their sales team and maintenance personnel. It has been my WORST automobile experience in my life. Yesterday, I spent an hour at an Electrify America station. Could not get my vehicle to charge. Porsche could not help. Even direct call to Electrify America could not help. EA said it was Porsche's issue. Very disappointed that I have a vehicle that can, so far, only be charged in my garage or at the dealer. And both are quite slow--not what was advertised.

Also, if you have a garage charger and live somewhere hot, you must keep the charger door open or it overheats. Doing this has, at least, allowed me charge my car at my home. I consider this a major victory--the fact that I figured out how to charge my car at home with ZERO HELP FROM PORSCHE.

I bought this car because I had GREAT experiences with previous 911's. Great service. Great support.

Porsche has really dropped the ball here. And, honestly, I'm tired of hearing the COVID-19 excuse. This has affected everyone and it is no reason to roll out a car without preparing staff.

It is amazing to buy a car that nobody at the dealership can support. I guess it will be up people on this forum to figure things out.

In that regard, does anyone have hints on how to use the Electrify America chargers? Apparently, the Porsche Connect app is far from robust and there is another app called Charging America that we can use to get our free 30 minute charge from EA stations. Does anyone know how to use this or the the PC app to charge? Is there a "code" that Porsche dealer is supposed to provide?

I would suspect that the average Porsche owner is accustomed to better service when spending between $140K and $200K for something.
I have been able to charge at EA at a peak of 138kW so far - mostly without issues - once you get used to the charging America App UI.. click "start charge", then swipe up to reveal the list of chargers and then swipe left->right on the one you're connected to.. I had to call EA once - they took the VIN and enabled the charger remotely..

My LTE finally came back after the latest update - was offline for 3 weeks though - and no-one at Porsche (PCNA, Connect, 3 x Dealers) had a clue why it wasn't working.

Incidentally, the update for my Turbo had notes about EA support and OTA .. might be worth checking if there is an update available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took my Turbo in for a software update - they restored the software, re-registered it and now my LTE is working again.

Over the past few weeks I had sent plenty of whining emails to PCNA and Porsche Connect, and visited 3 dealers - no idea exactly which of the steps resolved it though.

Still dont know the ICCID, still dont know which carrier they are using (AT&T or Verizon) and neither carrier was able to find me by IMEI in their records :/
Good to know - mine is going in to the dealer on Tuesday and staying there until they fix it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Will be following all updates on the thread- Got mine friday ... in a way felt bad for the dealership because of the horrendous experience in attempting to get PCM set up and knowing they have no control. I've changed my pw multiple times - salesman called the Porsche rep and she said, oh ya there's an issue for any pw over 10 characters. Mine was 10, but I changed it to 9 and then 8, and though I'm signed into the app, still no luck in the car. I'm supposedly waiting on a pairing code too.

My garage is not yet set up to charge because apparently the amazon home service is not longer doing the installs to support Porsche, so fingers crossed I can figure out how to charge my vehicle and I may literally have to drive back and hang out at the dealership all day just to grab a charge until I can hopefully get my garage set up the right way. The car is incredible ... such a shame that they don't have this part figured out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Will be following all updates on the thread- Got mine friday ... in a way felt bad for the dealership because of the horrendous experience in attempting to get PCM set up and knowing they have no control. I've changed my pw multiple times - salesman called the Porsche rep and she said, oh ya there's an issue for any pw over 10 characters. Mine was 10, but I changed it to 9 and then 8, and though I'm signed into the app, still no luck in the car. I'm supposedly waiting on a pairing code too.

My garage is not yet set up to charge because apparently the amazon home service is not longer doing the installs to support Porsche, so fingers crossed I can figure out how to charge my vehicle and I may literally have to drive back and hang out at the dealership all day just to grab a charge until I can hopefully get my garage set up the right way. The car is incredible ... such a shame that they don't have this part figured out.
I believe there is another thread about this - IIRC remove all special characters, except for -#! (minus, exclamation mark and pound/hash).

I was given this while trying to debug why my LTE data went offline.
I dont believe there is a pairing code any longer (see the "enter pairing code in the PCM for all other Models" step).
I believe that 'security code' step is you setting the pin in your account when you get the login step working.. I have mine set to login without pin (auto login).

IMG_0016.jpg

I understand "it works for me" sucks, but my password is 16 chars and contains some of that set, so it clearly isn't just a length problem.

On an unrelated note - while i am ecstatic that my LTE data is finally back, it appears that my 'lane detection' functions (the things that whine at you if you touch the lines on corners and show the vertical 'lane guides' in the LHS group on the console) are not working after my update, and as a extra bonus the passenger display now has a nice real-time ripple in the video stream (you can see LHS of lines jittering).

Sigh.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I visited Porsche Edinburgh yesterday - they had been working with Porsche in Germany over the last few days and got my LTE connection up and running . From that point all the problems disappeared, I could log in to Connect in the car and use all the functionality, mobile app etc. It appears to have been a software configuration problem specific to my vehicle. A bit frustrating but they stuck at it and got there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe there is another thread about this - IIRC remove all special characters, except for -#! (minus, exclamation mark and pound/hash).

I was given this while trying to debug why my LTE data went offline.
I dont believe there is a pairing code any longer (see the "enter pairing code in the PCM for all other Models" step).
I believe that 'security code' step is you setting the pin in your account when you get the login step working.. I have mine set to login without pin (auto login).

View attachment 2373

I understand "it works for me" sucks, but my password is 16 chars and contains some of that set, so it clearly isn't just a length problem.

On an unrelated note - while i am ecstatic that my LTE data is finally back, it appears that my 'lane detection' functions (the things that whine at you if you touch the lines on corners and show the vertical 'lane guides' in the LHS group on the console) are not working after my update, and as a extra bonus the passenger display now has a nice real-time ripple in the video stream (you can see LHS of lines jittering).

Sigh.

Good Luck.
This was super helpful and your password special character did the trick. Thanks!!

I still cannot get the app to show any data (charging / pre-heat/cool options, etc) ... I imagine because when I attempt to link with the taycan wifi and there's no internet, that's because of the LTE issue you mentioned? Is it possible to put the vehicle on your home wifi? I'm headed to the dealer saturday, but not super hopeful on a resolution based on the app reviews and a lot of comments here

·
Registered
4 Posts
I visited Porsche Edinburgh yesterday - they had been working with Porsche in Germany over the last few days and got my LTE connection up and running . From that point all the problems disappeared, I could log in to Connect in the car and use all the functionality, mobile app etc. It appears to have been a software configuration problem specific to my vehicle. A bit frustrating but they stuck at it and got there.
Hmm I wonder if that's the case on my end and will share this with the dealer. Before LTE was working were you basically connecting to the car's wifi but it was showing no internet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hmm I wonder if that's the case on my end and will share this with the dealer. Before LTE was working were you basically connecting to the car's wifi but it was showing no internet?
Strangely enough the in car WiFi did have an internet connection, so my phone could browse when connected to the hotspot, but the connect system didn’t. I can’t explain this.

·
Registered
2020 Taycan 4S
4 Posts
Initially I had no issues at the EA chargers when using the Charging NA app. I would connect to the 350kW charger, open the app and tell it which station I was connected to and start the session. Recently when I have tried to use the EA chargers, the Charging NA app does not show the 350kW chargers. It shows the 150kW chargers at the site but when I connected, the rate of charge was as slow as home charging. Interestingly when using the EA app, it sees the car right away and a quick swipe starts the session but it costs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yep. I have been back to dealer twice this week. Really disappointing that Porsche pushed these vehicles out without educating their sales team and maintenance personnel. It has been my WORST automobile experience in my life. Yesterday, I spent an hour at an Electrify America station. Could not get my vehicle to charge. Porsche could not help. Even direct call to Electrify America could not help. EA said it was Porsche's issue. Very disappointed that I have a vehicle that can, so far, only be charged in my garage or at the dealer. And both are quite slow--not what was advertised.

Also, if you have a garage charger and live somewhere hot, you must keep the charger door open or it overheats. Doing this has, at least, allowed me charge my car at my home. I consider this a major victory--the fact that I figured out how to charge my car at home with ZERO HELP FROM PORSCHE.

I bought this car because I had GREAT experiences with previous 911's. Great service. Great support.

Porsche has really dropped the ball here. And, honestly, I'm tired of hearing the COVID-19 excuse. This has affected everyone and it is no reason to roll out a car without preparing staff.

It is amazing to buy a car that nobody at the dealership can support. I guess it will be up people on this forum to figure things out.

In that regard, does anyone have hints on how to use the Electrify America chargers? Apparently, the Porsche Connect app is far from robust and there is another app called Charging America that we can use to get our free 30 minute charge from EA stations. Does anyone know how to use this or the the PC app to charge? Is there a "code" that Porsche dealer is supposed to provide?

I would suspect that the average Porsche owner is accustomed to better service when spending between $140K and $200K for something.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Diito. PCM issues for 4 months. Dealers will not or cant correct. Porsche support atrocious at best. Electrify America stations often will not connect . They say it is a Porsche issue and Porsche support does not care. I really want to love this car but Porsche really needs to step up their support.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts