Taycan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery a week ago. Car is fabulous the tech is atrocious. Been waiting a week for all the porsche connect services to activate. Pcna support says Germany is working on it but offer no date or updates. Can't use the app or portal to use any remote features. Pcna says this is affecting all new deliveries. Anyone else having these issues?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Took delivery a week ago. Car is fabulous the tech is atrocious. Been waiting a week for all the porsche connect services to activate. Pcna support says Germany is working on it but offer no date or updates. Can't use the app or portal to use any remote features. Pcna says this is affecting all new deliveries. Anyone else having these issues?
My activation was delayed when I picked up my car in late June. They ended up having to resend it. I believe there was an issue with my profile not having a phone number or some required field so it wasn't creating. Once they did that I was able to sign in at least and the services activated 24-48hrs later.

·
Super Moderator
760 Posts
Sorry to hear about the issues.

There are some Porsche reps on here, but it sounds like you might be in the best hands already.... and waiting.

Based on your use name, post pics in our Frozen Blue owner's thread when you get a chance!

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I took delivery this past Thursday August 6. It was an absolute pain the ass getting my Porsche Connect working but it didn’t helped that the dealer messed up my person information in preparing my connection. After I got everything deleted and entered correctly it took a bit to load but it did eventually work. The whole interface needs a redo and is by no means ready for prime time. I’d encourage everyone to complain to Porsche so they get on updating this software.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Welcome @Frozenbluenj. It seems like you're going to have to wait this out unfortunately if it's happening to all new deliveries.

I wonder if someone like @Toreav or @Jeff F can help you out with this.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Maybe consider having Porsche delete your account and start over. This is what I did. I found there were mistakes in my information which caused issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took delivery of my 4S on Saturday. Entered my VIN and it took me to a Porsche UK site? Whatever, Still waiting for Porsche "verification". Now app says error when loading user profile?? This tech is nothing short of abysmal. Porsche should take a page from Tesla. I had (2) Model S's. Tesla app works flawlessly. Recognized me as owner as soon as I downloaded the app. I have to go through the guest log on every time I get in the car. Should not be on a car costing 100K+++

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Yep! Totally agree. Porsche connect needs some work. I ran into issues and ended asking Porsche to delete my account and start over.

·
Registered
2020 Taycan 4s
2 Posts
I had no problem with connect at first, but now can’t activate climate remotely. Already spent 45 min with the Porsche Connect tech on the phone. Was told by my dealer it’s not their problem, have to deal with the app people. Agreed, not happy after spending 136k on the car. Tesla had this down 8 years ago. Get with the program, Porsche

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I had no problem with connect at first, but now can’t activate climate remotely. Already spent 45 min with the Porsche Connect tech on the phone. Was told by my dealer it’s not their problem, have to deal with the app people. Agreed, not happy after spending 136k on the car. Tesla had this down 8 years ago. Get with the program, Porsche
Don’t get me wrong I love my car but the folks in the dealer have no idea about Porsche Connect

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This the real weak link. It is only a matter of time before porsche gets black marks for this customer experience. They need to find some techies to take over from the engineers to fix the problems. I going to try deleting and starting all over again to see if that fixes the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My experience exactly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m having the same issue, took delivery in the UK on August 11th. Terrific apart from this connectivity problem. Connect helpline didn’t seem very clued up on it when I rang them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally after 2 weeks, porsche got my account fully activated and all connect services now work. It took some special attention by a really knowledgeable pcna employee. There is still missing functionality like the ability to lock doors remotely or wifi internet but I was told that is a 2021 feature and won't be available for 2020 4s.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Finally after 2 weeks, porsche got my account fully activated and all connect services now work. It took some special attention by a really knowledgeable pcna employee. There is still missing functionality like the ability to lock doors remotely or wifi internet but I was told that is a 2021 feature and won't be available for 2020 4s.
Glad to hear your account got activated! Did you have to create a new one or did they figure something else out?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you have ay contact information on the PCNA who was able to help you? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you have ay contact information on the PCNA who was able to help you? Thanks.
I took my Turbo in for a software update - they restored the software, re-registered it and now my LTE is working again.

Over the past few weeks I had sent plenty of whining emails to PCNA and Porsche Connect, and visited 3 dealers - no idea exactly which of the steps resolved it though.

Still dont know the ICCID, still dont know which carrier they are using (AT&T or Verizon) and neither carrier was able to find me by IMEI in their records :/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yep. I have been back to dealer twice this week. Really disappointing that Porsche pushed these vehicles out without educating their sales team and maintenance personnel. It has been my WORST automobile experience in my life. Yesterday, I spent an hour at an Electrify America station. Could not get my vehicle to charge. Porsche could not help. Even direct call to Electrify America could not help. EA said it was Porsche's issue. Very disappointed that I have a vehicle that can, so far, only be charged in my garage or at the dealer. And both are quite slow--not what was advertised.

Also, if you have a garage charger and live somewhere hot, you must keep the charger door open or it overheats. Doing this has, at least, allowed me charge my car at my home. I consider this a major victory--the fact that I figured out how to charge my car at home with ZERO HELP FROM PORSCHE.

I bought this car because I had GREAT experiences with previous 911's. Great service. Great support.

Porsche has really dropped the ball here. And, honestly, I'm tired of hearing the COVID-19 excuse. This has affected everyone and it is no reason to roll out a car without preparing staff.

It is amazing to buy a car that nobody at the dealership can support. I guess it will be up people on this forum to figure things out.

In that regard, does anyone have hints on how to use the Electrify America chargers? Apparently, the Porsche Connect app is far from robust and there is another app called Charging America that we can use to get our free 30 minute charge from EA stations. Does anyone know how to use this or the the PC app to charge? Is there a "code" that Porsche dealer is supposed to provide?

I would suspect that the average Porsche owner is accustomed to better service when spending between $140K and $200K for something.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts