Taycan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have one day to lock order on RWD. I am doing other performance options (Battery+, Rear Axle, PASM, PSCB as req.w/21 Mission E) but still on fence for PTV+ and Chrono. I am coming from 981 Cayman S that did not have PTV+ In winter I just had a different set of BBS wheels and snow tires. I drive mostly highways and 4 lane county highways. Never track but do drive aggressive when I can.

1.Is there a noticeable difference in handling if I do not do PTV+ with daily driver? (with these options present (Battery+, Rear Axle, PASM, PSCB as req.w/21 Mission E)

2. On Chrono, I don't really like the dash chrono, but love the dial to switch mode. Am I missing a more aggressive driving mode in Sport+ (vs sport). Also is there any loss in acceleration/Launch with out sport plus? Asking as I do see a difference with sport + in response in my 981 Cayman S

Thank You,
Dan

·
Registered
102 Posts
Do you live in the city? then rear axle is good, otherwise not needed. Steering Plus sufficient.

PTV+ is good for dynamics, faster corners; Chrono gives you the modes button;

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi,
I placed an order for a RWD and waiting delivery on April 24th.
I was waiting for the RWD, especially for the dynamic of this configuration and added these options: performance battery, fast charging on board for 400v (although I was told there is not many in US), PASM, rear steering wheels, heater seats, folding mirrors and 19" wheels.
I was debating over the Chronos Package, but it just adds the selector, you can choose all the options on the menu (extended, normal, sport and sport+). I didn't get the PTV+ but it seems a good option.
I also decided to go with the aluminum roof instead of glass since I am in Florida and wanted to be able to keep a good temperature and also the glass roof adds more than 40lbs.
I am planning on using it as my daily drive and long distance, so I am expecting thst 19", aluminum roof, extended battery and PASM offer me the best configuration.
I got mine Frozen Metallic Blue.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Having had three Porsche with sport +, it makes a noticeable enough difference with stiffer ride, more aggressive response, louder noise, quicker shifts....Just more responsive and with the extra cost. Sport chrono in sport + has launch control ...but I used it maybe 10 times with my Macan GTS, and zero on my 991.2 C2S, because it was a 6 speed. Oh do I miss manual transmissios!!!!. Wish the Taycab had this option, but I know that would not be mechanically possible!!

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
And I chose aluminum roof too. At 6'5" it gives me an extra inch of headroom...and saves about 45 lbs vs the heavy glass. Not that I don't love the pano roofs!

·
Registered
102 Posts
And I chose aluminum roof too. At 6'5" it gives me an extra inch of headroom...and saves about 45 lbs vs the heavy glass. Not that I don't love the pano roofs!
Just you don't make a mistake – the glas roof is the one giving you more headspace!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I regret didn't add chronos and vectoringon my RWD, but I added a performance battery, air suspension and rear steering wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts