Taycan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think most of the numbers are making more and more sense to me. I have had my car for a few weeks and around 800 miles of drive. The computer is extrapolating around 260 miles of range with my standard battery. The information shows around 26-27 kWh per 100 miles which would seemingly mean around 300 miles of range. If you presume Porsche holds back around 10 kWh of the battery reserve (like they stated with the extended battery), the numbers almost work perfectly. Standard battery likely has around 70 kWh of usable battery yielding around 260 miles which is virtually identical to what I am seeing. Interesting.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I ordered a RWD with the standard battery a couple of weeks ago . . . Hope I do as well range-wise as you appear to be. Almost 4 miles per kWh sounds pretty good, though I note from the pic that the speed shown is 41 mph. Have you noticed how well you do at 70?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered a RWD with the standard battery a couple of weeks ago . . . Hope I do as well range-wise as you appear to be. Almost 4 miles per kWh sounds pretty good, though I note from the pic that the speed shown is 41 mph. Have you noticed how well you do at 70?
I think about the same.

·
Registered
2021 Base Taycan Black with Black and Limestone Beige Interior
24 Posts
This is my trip from Jericho, NY to Alexandria, VA. I have no idea why the average speed reads so low. It was about a 5 hour drive total with a 20 minute charge in New Castle, DE. Cruise was set mostly at 65-75mph.

This is my drive from Alexandria, VA to Raleigh, NC with a 25 minute charge in Richmond, VA. Average highway speed on this leg was closer to 80mph.

·
Registered
2021 Base Taycan Black with Black and Limestone Beige Interior
24 Posts
what’s the usable battery in the RWD standard battery?
I believe 79.9 kWh. In my first 296 mile leg between NYC and DC, I took on 38 kW in 23 minutes (166 kW average) in Delaware.
in the second 293 mile leg, I took on 46 kW in 36 minutes (127 kW average) in Richmond,VA.
In between the two legs, I took on 51 kW in DC. I was traveling with a friend who wanted to walk around the DC monuments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts