Taycan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have found this article recently, it's starting to circle all over the Internet (and ofc on Tesla forums). I read the article but it all seems to be completely FUD and misinformation. The Whistleblower claims that Porsche is secretly removing batteries of their customers, that appear to have issues. It's bizzare really. What are your thoughts?

· Registered
310 Posts
So I have found this article recently, it's starting to circle all over the Internet (and ofc on Tesla forums). I read the article but it all seems to be completely FUD and misinformation. The Whistleblower claims that Porsche is secretly removing batteries of their customers, that appear to have issues. It's bizzare really. What are your thoughts?

There is another thread on this subject on the forum with more replies, so look for that for thoughts of more of us.

· Registered
2 Posts
J'ignore si le problème est aussi rependu qu'il est dit dans l'article, mais ma 4S a connu ces pertes de puissances subites sur autoroutes, 3 fois, et a affiché un message d'erreur avec la batterie auxiliaire. PORSCHE ont gardé la voiture plus de 4 mois. Ils ont parlé de changement de e-Box, et le jeune technicien qui est venu me la rapporter à évoqué le fait qu'elle avait une batterie neuve...

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
J'ignore si le problème est aussi rependu qu'il est dit dans l'article, mais ma 4S a connu ces pertes de puissances subites sur autoroutes, 3 fois, et a affiché un message d'erreur avec la batterie auxiliaire. PORSCHE ont gardé la voiture plus de 4 mois. Ils ont parlé de changement de e-Box, et le jeune technicien qui est venu me la rapporter à évoqué le fait qu'elle avait une batterie neuve...
Les problèmes mentionnés dans l'article ne sont probablement pas très répandus, plutôt irréalistes. De plus, ces affirmations sont apparues sur un site web de Tesla, alors pourquoi pas à la télévision ? Il est possible que tu sois l'un des très rares malchanceux à avoir reçu une mauvaise batterie pour la voiture. Désolé pour les mauvaises traductions, je l'ai écrit avec DeepL :D

· Registered
310 Posts
I had nothing but issues with the battery on my Taycan. Got rid of the POS excuse for a car.
Many of us were aware that buying such a new car was going to be a “beta tester” experience even though the car was never priced that way. The number which turned into ‘bricks early on showed that Porsche did release the car to the public too soon, and the service experience of those early customers showed that far more technician training was needed. You got a very early one, so it was worse. They have improved since then and many, but nowhere near all, issues have been addressed. I have plenty of little issues, but thankfully no large ones yet.

The car, however, is far more than just its battery, and when I am driving the tight twisty mountain roads where I live the car is wonderful.

It is great that you are happy with your Tesla.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had nothing but issues with the battery on my Taycan. Got rid of the POS excuse for a car.
Judging by your account history, you are a troll lurking in the Porsche Forums and insulting each thread with Tesla comments. You joined this forum in September 2020 and have not given a single intelligent comment about your issues of your Taycan so far, which concludes that you probably never had a Taycan in the first place. Therefore, I respectfully ask you to stay quiet if you have nothing significant to add to the conversation. ;)

· Registered
310 Posts
Judging by your account history, you are a troll lurking in the Porsche Forums and insulting each thread with Tesla comments. You joined this forum in September 2020 and have not given a single intelligent comment about your issues of your Taycan so far, which concludes that you probably never had a Taycan in the first place. Therefore, I respectfully ask you to stay quiet if you have nothing significant to add to the conversation. ;)
Ah, if only trolls responded to such suggestions so easily.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
My dealer has had the same experience. No Taycan's with battery issues.

· Registered
310 Posts
I too have doubts about the Teslarati claim. Would you be able to cite your source as "fake news". It would be reassuring to all Taycan owners. Thank you.
The clearest sign that this is fake is that no other news sources are reporting it. You must know that if any Taycans caught fire it would be on absolutely every news source. Journalists love to point out that very expensive objects are failing.

· Registered
2 Posts
I too have doubts about the Teslarati claim. Would you be able to cite your source as "fake news". It would be reassuring to all Taycan owners. Thank you.
The clearest sign that this is fake is that no other news sources are reporting it. You must know that if any Taycans caught fire it would be on absolutely every news source. Journalists love to point out that very expensive objects are failing.
David, You make a good point about no other sources reporting on this issue. I have seen about a half dozen on-line auto sites that just reiterate or quote Alex Voight'words from the Teslarati article but nothing more than that. I honestly think that Porsche should respond to this claim in a direct manner rather than let it hang out there. I did write Porsche North America
There has been some posts questioning whether Porsche is aware of the article and of course they are. (If someone has already posted on this, please excuse me.) The official response at this time from Porsche North America is: "The allegations are currently being investigated. Please understand that we are currently unable to comment on this." I can understand that Porsche needs to act cautiously and to carefully research this claim as any responsible corporation would. I expect that they will respond in a timely manner and hopefully with a positive report for current Taycan owners and those who are waiting for their allocations.

· Registered
310 Posts
David, You make a good point about no other sources reporting on this issue. I have seen about a half dozen on-line auto sites that just reiterate or quote Alex Voight'words from the Teslarati article but nothing more than that. I honestly think that Porsche should respond to this claim in a direct manner rather than let it hang out there. I did write Porsche North America

There has been some posts questioning whether Porsche is aware of the article and of course they are. (If someone has already posted on this, please excuse me.) The official response at this time from Porsche North America is: "The allegations are currently being investigated. Please understand that we are currently unable to comment on this." I can understand that Porsche needs to act cautiously and to carefully research this claim as any responsible corporation would. I expect that they will respond in a timely manner and hopefully with a positive report for current Taycan owners and those who are waiting for their allocations.
To respond to something so over the top just feeds the trolls.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.