Taycan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Taycan. Love the car but I intermittently get a warning light when I first drive it (and particularly after it is charged) that says "Restricted drive performance warning light". Picture attached. It also drives very sluggishly and then works its way out of it. I have taken it to the dealer 2 times and they say they cannot replicate it and all is fine. I have had all updates, including the recall update. Any similar experiences or thoughts? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
I have not seen that before. Very odd but then again there have been a host of strange occurrences with the software of the Taycan. Most of the times they correct themselves.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Had a similar issue. Took Porsche 2 attempts to fix.
It was a malfunctioning magnetic valve in the battery's cooling system. (A known Covid-related subcontractor part problem).

Since replacement, car's smooth as silk. Perfect!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. This one has not. It seems to only happen after I charge it or the car sits for a bit. It does work its way out of it but in the meantime, if feels like you have on the emergency brake. Then it is fine for a while and it does it again. Appreciate you reaching out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a malfunctioning magnetic valve in the battery's cooling system. (A known Covid-related subcontractor part problem).

Thanks!!! I will pass it on. That is why I love these forums!

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts

Great input. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all. One dealer did not even try but the other dealer shared what I told them with Porsche in Germany and it was a faulty valve in the battery cooling system just like what was posted on this Forum. New part is on its way and should be fixed soon. Thanks for the help on this. And others who experience the problem, take note. And do not listen to lazy Porsche dealers who say that all is fine and then just clear the codes.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Hi all. One dealer did not even try but the other dealer shared what I told them with Porsche in Germany and it was a faulty valve in the battery cooling system just like what was posted on this Forum. New part is on its way and should be fixed soon. Thanks for the help on this. And others who experience the problem, take note. And do not listen to lazy Porsche dealers who say that all is fine and then just clear the codes.
Thanks for letting us know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts