Taycan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a note from my dealer to bring in my 2020 Taycan with 249 miles on it. Anyone else? Do you know what this is about?

·
Registered
954 Posts
they did say it was fir upgrades but some here on the forum said that didn’t go well for them. So I’ll see what it’s all about and let you all know.
Sounds good, keep us posted. When do you plan on bringing it to the dealer?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
866 Posts
I visited my dealer yesterday and spoke with the Service Manager and my Service Advisor. Both advised me that my 4S was not subject to this recall. Hopefully, that is the case. Time will tell although I will not be surprised to receive notification from Porsche saying that my car is in need of this software update.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I visited my dealer yesterday and spoke with the Service Manager and my Service Advisor. Both advised me that my 4S was not subject to this recall. Hopefully, that is the case. Time will tell although I will not be surprised to receive notification from Porsche saying that my car is in need of this software update.
I checked as well. They know the VIN numbers of those being recalled, so you can check.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
866 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
866 Posts
So are you saying they have the software update and its just a matter of waiting in line to get it done?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
866 Posts
Just call your dealer and have them check your Vin number.

Reactions: Bill H

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So are you saying they have the software update and its just a matter of waiting in line to get it done?
A little of both. First they only have two qualified tech/mechanics to do it and secondly it normally takes 2-3 days for install and then a day to test! I suspect that’s the norm at dealers in both cases. Maybe a good retirement gig for old Apple employees 😎

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
866 Posts
A little of both. First they only have two qualified tech/mechanics to do it and secondly it normally takes 2-3 days for install and then a day to test! I suspect that’s the norm at dealers in both cases. Maybe a good retirement gig for old Apple employees 😎
That's interesting. My dealer is telling me its a 60-90 installation so you can wait if you choose to.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, that’s not anywhere near what I’ve seen here. I guess if they’ve got it down … but I'm skeptical. The problem I’ve heard is that the installation goes well but it crashes systems already onboard and that means a little trial and error.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Crazy to see that 43,000 models are impacted by this. Here's another article on the issue.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
866 Posts
I’m confused about the 43,000 number. My Salesperson said that Porsche hasn’t made that many yet.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
866 Posts
Wow, that’s not anywhere near what I’ve seen here. I guess if they’ve got it down … but I'm skeptical. The problem I’ve heard is that the installation goes well but it crashes systems already onboard and that means a little trial and error.
I will continue to monitor the situation at my dealer to establish a time frame.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts