Taycan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am confused between a Taycan Sedan and Cross Tourismo for the space in the rear seats for kids and car seats.
I have a 2 year old and 4 year old. Hence need one booster seat and 1 car seat currently.

Does anyone have any feedback on the comfort level with 2 in the rear seats for Taycan Sedan?

It would be great to wait for a Cross Turismo, however chip shortages will not let me get one at least for another 4 to 6 months I think and I need to buy a car around august/ September when I need to start driving to work again.

Thank you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I am confused between a Taycan Sedan and Cross Tourismo for the space in the rear seats for kids and car seats.
I have a 2 year old and 4 year old. Hence need one booster seat and 1 car seat currently.

Does anyone have any feedback on the comfort level with 2 in the rear seats for Taycan Sedan?

It would be great to wait for a Cross Turismo, however chip shortages will not let me get one at least for another 4 to 6 months I think and I need to buy a car around august/ September when I need to start driving to work again.

Thank you.
I ordered the Cross Turismo, so I have some bias, but that said, I feel sure that your little ones will fit just fine in the rear of the sedan. But you might also want to consider your headroom as you lift them through the doorway. These cars are not particularly tall, and the CT is going to give the adult lifting the kid into the rear seat some more room. But beyond just fitting, the kids will certainly enjoy the glass roof of the CT more than a solid roof sedan.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Thank you.
It is a non issue. I have 4 grandchildren and 2 car seats in my Taycan. Adults can sit there, so kids are easy. Also, the hooks for the car seats are very easy to access/use. Stop waiting...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Thank you.
Hey @Rigmat, the sedans comfort should be more than fine for your kids. Which model are you looking to get? RWD, 4S, Turbo, or Turbo S?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered the Cross Turismo, so I have some bias, but that said, I feel sure that your little ones will fit just fine in the rear of the sedan. But you might also want to consider your headroom as you lift them through the doorway. These cars are not particularly tall, and the CT is going to give the adult lifting the kid into the rear seat some more room. But beyond just fitting, the kids will certainly enjoy the glass roof of the CT more than a solid roof sedan.
That definitely is on my mind. Trying to bend and get them buckled up in their seats! Always a challenge with sedans. But waiting for a CT for at least until Nov/ December is going to test my patience.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a non issue. I have 4 grandchildren and 2 car seats in my Taycan. Adults can sit there, so kids are easy. Also, the hooks for the car seats are very easy to access/use. Stop waiting...
This is very assuring! Really good to hear it from real experience of Taycan owner with 2 car seats!

·
Registered
54 Posts
That definitely is on my mind. Trying to bend and get them buckled up in their seats! Always a challenge with sedans. But waiting for a CT for at least until Nov/ December is going to test my patience.
Yes indeed, there is wait! I ordered on 21 May and expected delivery is 31 Oct … and only because I wanted the CT4 model for which the dealer already had an allocation. If you want something for which they don’t have an allocation ???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey @Rigmat, the sedans comfort should be more than fine for your kids. Which model are you looking to get? RWD, 4S, Turbo, or Turbo S?
Honestly, this is going to be my first time with EVs and in fact never owned a Porsche either. Audi S6 is my last one. So probably going to stick to a RWD and make some selections on performance battery + color + insulated glass??? Since some of the reviews spoke about hearing road noise during highway speeds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just curious, where are you located in US and which dealer did you order your CT from? I am in Los Angeles and not found any dealer with an allotment for CT Before October/ November.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
172 Posts
Honestly, this is going to be my first time with EVs and in fact never owned a Porsche either. Audi S6 is my last one. So probably going to stick to a RWD and make some selections on performance battery + color + insulated glass??? Since some of the reviews spoke about hearing road noise during highway speeds.
You are going to love owning a Porsche. My 2021 Taycan 4S is my 8th Porsche in the last 8 years and might just be my most favorite.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just curious, where are you located in US and which dealer did you order your CT from? I am in Los Angeles and not found any dealer with an allotment for CT Before October/ November.
I am in the Sili-valley area and my dealer (Fremont) told me that I got their last allotment, although when the next round would happen was not mentioned. Ordered 21 May, originally told 31 Oct delivery, followyourdream web site first said 29 Oct delivery, later said 5 Nov, and now is back to 29 Oct. Before I ordered I was in regular contact with dealer because I had a test drive in the sedan and told them I was waiting for the Turismo. When they first got the CT allotment they told me August delivery, then a week later they told me Sept delivery. When I ordered and they said 31 Oct, I was told that it depended upon the specifics of my configuration. I tend to own my cars for a long time, so waiting for what I want (while I have my existing Porsche to drive) is not too much of a bother. I will say that it feels very odd to know that I will be getting a 2021 model so very late in the year when most cars have their 2022 available. Oh well … It very well could be that the next allotments will be for 2022s.

With respect to your kids issue, the RWD sedan does not have the glass roof that the CT does, so less impressive to the kids I am guessing. Is it at least an option?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes the RWD does come with glass roof as an option. If I manage to get my hands on a CT by Sept, that would be great, or else I will get to negotiate on a 2021 model RWD.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts