Taycan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We put in our deposit for our first Porsche- a 4S in metallic white with the Mission E wheels in white and red and black interior. It will be in the Oct production lot and part of the first batch of Taycan a to arrive in Singapore in Dec. My husband will be driving it as a daily car ,is the RAS a good option to have? Our sales agent said it is not necessary and they haven’t had a single buyer go for it . We need to inform her before our order is closed and would really appreciate all your feedback.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would have never ordered it but found a car on a dealer's lot that matched my specs exactly plus a few options. The Performance package (with rear wheel steering) was one of those options. Having lived with the vehicle for two months and 4500 miles I can't imagine the car without it. It makes a huge difference. I really can't express enough what a difference it makes. For me, it's certainly a must have now that I've experienced it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We put in our deposit for our first Porsche- a 4S in metallic white with the Mission E wheels in white and red and black interior. It will be in the Oct production lot and part of the first batch of Taycan a to arrive in Singapore in Dec. My husband will be driving it as a daily car ,is the RAS a good option to have? Our sales agent said it is not necessary and they haven’t had a single buyer go for it . We need to inform her before our order is closed and would really appreciate all your feedback.
Even if my 4S build configuration didnt include Rear Wheel Steering in the Performance Package, I would have specified it. It makes a considerable difference in the turning radius. I'm very glad that my car has it. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much. We just called the Porsche sales person and asked her to add the RAS.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I ordered RAS after watching a 4 S road test with RAS. It also provides a quicker steering rack ratio too.

·
Registered
'17 Model S, '20 Taycan 4S, '12 Mercedes 450GL
12 Posts
Even if my 4S build configuration didnt include Rear Wheel Steering in the Performance Package, I would have specified it. It makes a considerable difference in the turning radius. I'm very glad that my car has it. Highly recommend.
Totally agree! We ordered the rear axle steering on our 4S, and I love it. Car turns in a tight radius, and it just feels wonderful in tight spaces. Never felts something like that before. Amazing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd say it is worth having, had my Turbo a few days and the way it corners at speed, and tightens its line if you come in to a corner a bit fast, is unlike anything else I've driven

1 - 8 of 8 Posts