Taycan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The funny thing is I landed in a Taycan because my 2015 991.1 GTS ran into mechanical issues which were under my Porsche factory warranty. The manifold had cracked, was leaking and needed to be repaired but the factory warranty required a manifold replacement. I waited 14 months for Germany to manufacture a new manifold and ship it to California but ran into every possible roadblock of untruths when Porsche attempted to keep the real reason they weren't shipping to themselves. I plead and begged for a repair to the original manifold or replacement from a used part but Porsche insisted on only repairing with a new factory manifold. Finally after a few dozen emails and complaints to PCNA I was offered a buy-back. The buy-back was an easy deal for a fair price but now I needed another car. I was given an allocation for a Taycan 4 CT, I asked for the GTS ST or at least a 4S but settled for what I was given and did receive the allocation at MSRP. Now I own two Taycans and one morning while driving into the office I found myself heading towards a small traffic cone in the middle of my lane, I was exiting the freeway and it popped out from beneath the truck in front of me, went beneath my car with a small "thud" and popped out the rear. Once I arrived at the office I checked for damages and saw nothing. A few days later I have a cooling engine warning light light up and take the car in for service. A few days pass and I am told I may want to contact my insurance company since the repair will be expensive. I am told the damages sustained from running over the cone will cost 3K for diagnoses which seems expensive to me so I contact my insurance company and wait for their authorization. The authorization to diagnose takes USAA 6 weeks to perform, I am livid but what can I do? The authorization is granted and a day later I am told the cost for the repair will be north of 13K, apparently the undercarriage has a protective shield that is built from eggshells (plastic) and it was destroyed along with the cooling system. USAA authorizes the repair and here we go, Porsche parts from the factory, all over again. To my surprise I am told the parts are available, shipping will take 2 weeks, the repair will take a few more days and I should have the car back in another 2-1/2 to 3 weeks. That was July 5th, now it is July 20th, the parts haven't shipped and nobody can tell me why. WTF Porsche????? Are my days over as a Porsche owner, do I need to bail on my favorite brand?? Has anyone else gone through an extensive waiting period for parts from the motherland?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts