Taycan Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own two Taycans, a 2022 4 CT and a 2021 base model, this is my nightmare.

I was exiting the interstate one morning in May this year, I was on my way into the office when a small orange traffic cone was run over by the truck in front of me. The cone popped out from the back of the truck, I couldn't avoid hitting it and ran right over it. If I veered right or left I would hit a wall or go off into the bushes. I heard a thud, pulled over and found a tiny blemish in the front bumper's paint. I was able to rub the blemish out easily but after another few days of driving had passed a cooling system warning light came on. I made a service appointment, dropped the car off at the dealer and received the news that the cone had damaged my undercarriage. I didn't think much of this and asked if they could fix it and after a few days pass I receive a few photos of the damage and an estimate for nearly $3,000.00. I was shocked but authorized the repairs and after another few days received another call from the Porsche dealer. This time I was asked if I had called my insurance company to file a claim, I told them no, I will take care of this myself. I didn't want to risk my rates being raised and didn't want a blemish on my CAR FAX, this is when everything went "south". The service writer tells me that the repair may be "very expensive", I replied "I know, $3,000.00 is a lot of money but I have it handled". I am then told that the $3,000.00 estimate was only for the teardown and diagnosis, WHAT??? Now, I call my insurance company (USAA), I file a claim and wait for the adjustor to approve the repairs. I leave for our summer vacation and ask that the car is repaired while we are gone. Three weeks later I still haven't heard a word from anyone at USAA. The Porsche people are now storing my car and calling me to ask where my insurance adjustor is and when the repair will be approved. I am in Egypt/Israel on vacation, trying to contact USAA and getting the run-around of my life. I am being told that due to a computer glitch they can't give me a phone number or name for my adjustor. I decide to throw this on the back burner until I return. We return on June 26th, over a month since the car was brought in for repairs. I start calling USAA relentlessly and four days later have an adjustor on the phone who says he will take care of this today, that didn't happen but 3 days later I receive the final estimate for over $11,000.00 and approval for the repairs from USAA. Finally I can get my car back, WRONG!!! The parts are not available, these are the same parts that I was told were available and not a problem. I am losing my mind, My Taycan has been at the dealer since May 26th and I don't have a date for parts or the repair. The irony is I was given my allotment for my 2022 Taycan CT because my 2015 991.1 GTS was unfixable and was parked for 14 months waiting for a warrantied part from Germany. How do I continue driving Porsches? I am now so tainted by the same brand I have always loved. what a nightmare and to make things worse I received my new Taycan CT the same week the 2021 Taycan was damaged and was supposed to give the 2021 to my wife. she isn't happy, at all...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts