Taycan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my 2022 Taycan 4 CT June 1st after having US Customs lock her up for a ridicules amount of time. I have been driving her ever since and am dealing with the following list of failures:

1). Key recognition failures at start & while driving. I receiver a warning that the key isn't recognized, the car will not drive I have even had the car stop at a red light and refuse to drive.
2). PCM logon and settings disappearing forever. All of my presets vanished and I was greeted with a sign-in screen, this has happened a few times.
3). Seat cooling failure. Mothing comes from the seat vents on the driver's side.
4). Suspension leveling is off from wheel to wheel (side to side and front to back). The rear is off almost a 1/2" side to side and the front to back is also off about the same.

Is anyone else going through any of these, Porsche service has me feeling I am special and this isn't an issue with other owners. Their schedule has me 6 weeks out because they only have one (1) Taycan mechanic, anyone else dealing with this? For those who will ask, I have changed the key FOB batteries and tried both keys with no luck. What is going on with service, really one mechanic??? anyone else dealing with similar reliability issues?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I received my 2022 Taycan 4 CT June 1st after having US Customs lock her up for a ridicules amount of time. I have been driving her ever since and am dealing with the following list of failures:

1). Key recognition failures at start & while driving. I receiver a warning that the key isn't recognized, the car will not drive I have even had the car stop at a red light and refuse to drive.
2). PCM logon and settings disappearing forever. All of my presets vanished and I was greeted with a sign-in screen, this has happened a few times.
3). Seat cooling failure. Mothing comes from the seat vents on the driver's side.
4). Suspension leveling is off from wheel to wheel (side to side and front to back). The rear is off almost a 1/2" side to side and the front to back is also off about the same.

Is anyone else going through any of these, Porsche service has me feeling I am special and this isn't an issue with other owners. Their schedule has me 6 weeks out because they only have one (1) Taycan mechanic, anyone else dealing with this? For those who will ask, I have changed the key FOB batteries and tried both keys with no luck. What is going on with service, really one mechanic??? anyone else dealing with similar reliability issues?
First, welcome. That said, you are not alone in software issues like those you’re experiencing. Read through this blog and you will realize that the Porsche Taycan is plagued with them as well as too few technicians. Unless you can find another dealer, you are just going to have to wait. I would make it clear to your dealer that if they “repair the problems” but you get home and they have not, you go to the front of the line and not have to wait another six weeks. Also make sure all recalls are performed since Porsche has already issued many recalls. I, along with other owners are frustrated but you’ll find the Taycan a wonderful and beautiful car. Hang in there. My best.

·
Registered
2012 Cayenne S | 2020 Taycan Turbo
84 Posts

I’m really sorry to hear you are having so many serious issues with your Taycan 4 CT. I have a Launch Edition Taycan Turbo and I’ve not had any of the issues you’re experiencing except for the Critical shortage of Taycan certified service technicians which seem to be a nationwide problem.

Not that it will make you feel any better but, apparently, the shortage of qualified Taycan technicians is due to nearly all training classes being cancelled during the 2020 COVID crisis lockdowns/shutdowns. Porsche appears to be incapable of getting a significant number of its technicians certified to work on Taycans in any number large enough to catch up with demand.
As Porsche continues to build and deliver more new Taycan vehicles, it seems like the service technician shortage is still not improving even though training classes resumed more than a year ago. It’s a bad situation and I hope the next round of service they perform on your Taycan 4 CT fully fixes all your issues 100%.

Hang in there in the meantime.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Yike, those are far more serious problems than I've seen in my 2021 Taycan Turbo S.

I would try to make the dealer replace that car. Any car that strands you like that is dangerous and you should not be driving it.

Here is what I've seen on mine.

They Taycan is plagued with electronics problems. CarPlay works most of the time the car starts up cold but if I make a stop somewhere it's russian roulette whether I can reestablish a connection or not. It's super frustrating. Sometimes it just drops while I'm driving. Yesterday I drove the car home and then when I went to make another short trip 30 minutes later the PCM display never started - it was completely out. That's the display that shows the backup camera so I had no backup camera or access to multimedia functions. The Passenger Display, Center Control Panel and Instrument Cluster were all still working. When we emerged from dinner a few hours later the PCM display was working again as it nothing happened.

I found that if you leave the car sitting for any extended period of time off charger the 12 volt battery runs downs even though the main battery shows a nearly-full charge. So you have to manually charge the 12V battery which is hidden behind a bunch of panels in the frunk which isn't easy to get to and requires some trickery to get open when the car is dead. If the car is so awake that the 12V is running down then why can't it notice that and trickle charge itself from the main battery? That's what it does when you drive it.

The car drives beautifully and, when everything works, it's a great car. But far too often, and especially on longer drives, the infotainment system is very unreliable. Porsche needs to get their shit together.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot to add, I also own a 2021 base model which doesn't have any of these issues EXCEPT for the following new story. I was exiting the interstate on my way into the office when a small orange cone used for traffic delineation was run over by the truck in front of me. I couldn't avoid hitting it and ran right over the cone. I heard a thud, pulled over and found a tiny blemish in the paint. I was able to rub the blemish out but after another week of driving had passed a cooling system warning light came on. I made a service appointment, dropped the car off at the dealer and received the news that the cone had damaged my undercarriage. I didn't think much of this and asked if they could fix it and after a few days pass I receive a few photos of the damage and an estimate for nearly $3,000.00. I was shocked but authorized the repairs and after another few days received another call from the Porsche dealer. This time I was asked if I had called my insurance company to file a claim, I told them no, I will take care of this myself. I didn't want to risk my rates being raised and didn't want a blemish on my CAR FAX, this is when everything went "south". The service writer tells me that the repair may be "very expensive", I replied "I know, $3,000.00 is a lot of money but I have it handled". I am then told that the $3,000.00 estimate was only for the teardown and diagnosis, WHAT??? Now, I call my insurance company (USAA), I file a claim and wait for the adjustor to approve the repairs. I leave for our summer vacation and ask that the car is repaired while we are gone. Three weeks later I still haven't heard a word from anyone at USAA. The Porsche people are now storing my car and calling me to ask where my insurance adjustor is and when the repair will be approved. I am in Egypt/Israel on vacation, trying to contact USAA and getting the run-around of my life. I am being told that due to a computer glitch they can't give me a phone number or name for my adjustor. I decide to throw this on the back burner until I return. We return on June 26th, over a month since the car was brought in for repairs. I start calling USAA relentlessly and four days later have an adjustor on the phone who says he will take care of this today, that didn't happen but 3 days later I receive the final estimate for over $11,000.00 and approval for the repairs from USAA. Finally I can get my car back, WRONG!!! The parts are not available, these are the same parts that I was told were available and not a problem. I am losing my mind, My Taycan has been at the dealer since May 26th and I don't have a date for parts or the repair. The irony is I was given my allotment for my 2022 Taycan CT because my 2015 991.1 GTS was unfixable and was parked for 14 months waiting for a warrantied part from Germany. How do I continue driving Porsches? I am now so tainted by the same brand I have always loved. what a nightmare and to make things worse I received my new Taycan CT the same week the 2021 Taycan was damaged and was supposed to give the 2021 to my wife. she isn't happy, at all...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts