Taycan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In some videos and photos the Frozen Blue Metallic looks like a strong, bright, vibrant sky blue. In others it looks quite dull and certainly not vibrant.

My question: In the flesh, how would you describe the colour?

I have ordered a 4S in this blue and am a little concerned as I want it to be striking, not dull.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You are correct about how the blue renders in pictures. Most cameras and phones have a built in photo bias to enhance the blue spectrum that this color falls in. This is how you get those pretty blue sky’s in pics. Secondly, cameras have a difficult time capturing the silver flake that is in the frozen blue color.

This color is best appreciated in person. It’s beautiful and I would say striking. You gotta go see one even if you have to drive a bit to find it.

I too ordered Frozen Blue after much consideration 😀

·
Registered
10 Posts
You are correct about how the blue renders in pictures. Most cameras and phones have a built in photo bias to enhance the blue spectrum that this color falls in. This is how you get those pretty blue sky’s in pics. Secondly, cameras have a difficult time capturing the silver flake that is in the frozen blue color.

This color is best appreciated in person. It’s beautiful and I would say striking. You gotta go see one even if you have to drive a bit to find it.

I too ordered Frozen Blue after much consideration 😀
It is quite transformative.. it depends on the lighting Sunny, bright cloudy.. my SA at the dealership said he has had a lot of comments from others wishing that they had ordered frozen blue after seeing it in person. I love it and so does everyone who has seen it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much to both of you who have replied so far.

I'm feeling more confident that I have chosen a good colour.

I live in Thailand which is sunny year round and I'm hoping that will help to bring the colour alive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have my Frozen Blue Metallic a few weeks now. I originally called it baby blue but my wife says it’s sky blue as mentioned earlier in this thread. It is beautiful. It’s not overly striking, tastefully colorful. And the metallic is appreciated close up, not so much from afar. I love this color!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts