Taycan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When ordering one is there any ability to negotiate the price( if so how much wiggle room is there?) or is MSRP the price you'll pay?

·
Registered
53 Posts
My experience was no negotiation (at my dealer in NY) I asked the question. Because of the demand, they will get their price.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Don't know where you're located, but . . . If you belong to Costco, they have a contract with a dealership in Illinois in their car buyer plan that gives 4% off. I don't know if I was just lucky to catch them on a day where they had to sell a car or lose a slot, but I got 7% off at a dealership down here in South Florida the day before yesterday.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When ordering one is there any ability to negotiate the price( if so how much wiggle room is there?) or is MSRP the price you'll pay?
You can get a discount off MSRP if you get dealers to compete. We have two dealers here ... I told both they were competing for my order. One offered a 1.5% discount off MSRP and the other 2.5% + the $700 first scheduled service (at two years) free. Sales tax was also $700 less with them and of course they got the order.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You absolutely should be able to work a deal off of MRSP. My experience has been anywhere between 5-7% is doable, depending on options and total pricing. Never hurts to start high and negotiate from there.......

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think there is room for negotiations, but you should not expect discounts like you were buying a Chevy or other mass market dealers. Also, ask about the lease Money factor or loan APR, there are different rates, based on credit score. My dealer initially quoted 6%,the third tier credit rate, but after discussing he used the 1st tier rate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts