Taycan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing Porsche's latest WLG2 Campaign software update, many Taycan owners are reporting problems that include system errors under certain conditions, complete loss of some important functions, warning messages, install taking longer than expected, and many others.
Fortunately its not a disaster for everyone. There are reports of no issues after the update.
What has everyone's experienced been like?
This sounds like the WLG2 campaign. I had it installed on my vehicle when at the dealer recently in the US. One thing that it does is update the OTA system. Based on the documentation I've seen and even the owners manual, it would appear the car is capable of true systemic OTA updates. If that system had a flaw in it, it makes since they'd need to run this first patch at the dealer. Unlike Tesla, Porsche has a good reputation to maintain in service and maintenance. They'd rather do this the old fashioned way than risk issues rolling out via OTA, especially if they've identified something in the OTA system that needs patching.
@f02kbf any issues so far?

·
Registered
2020 Taycan 4S
8 Posts
My software update has resulted in new problems. The car has trouble recognizing lane markings when lanes merge or split, and the car tries to move itself. I have to anticipate this as it feels pretty dangerous.

Today I drove over a winding road in light rain, and there must be an AI component that cannot handle this as the car was frequently hard to control. It was 2 lanes in each direction and there were no confusing markings to blame.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
213 Posts
My software update has resulted in new problems. The car has trouble recognizing lane markings when lanes merge or split, and the car tries to move itself. I have to anticipate this as it feels pretty dangerous.

Today I drove over a winding road in light rain, and there must be an AI component that cannot handle this as the car was frequently hard to control. It was 2 lanes in each direction and there were no confusing markings to blame.
roads like that really aren't very appropriate for the driver assist features.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
213 Posts
After installing Porsche's latest WLG2 Campaign software update, many Taycan owners are reporting problems that include system errors under certain conditions, complete loss of some important functions, warning messages, install taking longer than expected, and many others.
Fortunately its not a disaster for everyone. There are reports of no issues after the update.

when I had my update done they noted flaws in some PCM modules and replaced the entire system

·
Registered
2 Posts

The latest Taycan software update changed the way home link works w the star on the dash - you used to push the star and it activated the home link -
Now u hit the star and a home link menu opens and u have to choose the garage door opener

1 - 8 of 8 Posts