Taycan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Taycan owners,

I'm not sure if I should prepay for maintenance which is required every 2 years and/or wheel and tire insurance
Any suggestions?
I don't see a need for wheel/tire insurance but not sure about maintenance.

Maintenance which is required every 2 years and or wheel and tire insurance:
Pricing cost:
Maintenance:
2 year/20,000 miles $770

4 year/40,000 miles $1,830

6 year/60,000 miles $$4,675

Wheel and tire insurance:

3 years $2,627

4 years $2,707

5 years $2,821

·
Registered
147 Posts
I skipped the maintenance & wheel/tire. This car will need relatively little maintenance save wiper blades, cabin air filter, brake fluid flush ever two years and brake pad replacement every 6 years. I stuck with 19 inch wheels to give some sidewall height against pot holes.

Reactions: Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello fellow Taycan owners,

I'm not sure if I should prepay for maintenance which is required every 2 years and/or wheel and tire insurance
Any suggestions?
I don't see a need for wheel/tire insurance but not sure about maintenance.

Maintenance which is required every 2 years and or wheel and tire insurance:
Pricing cost:
Maintenance:
2 year/20,000 miles $770

4 year/40,000 miles $1,830

6 year/60,000 miles $$4,675

Wheel and tire insurance:

3 years $2,627

4 years $2,707

5 years $2,821
Hi, I agree with you. For example, I don't pay for tire/wheel insurance. I think maintenance is enough. I think so because I found the site car.co.uk where they found me a not expensive insurance company in my city. It was fast, cheap and convenient, but I didn't trust it until I got into trouble.... I will share my story , once our area was flooded and my car was washed downstream five miles, the car was critically damaged and repairs were impossible. This insurance covered the full cost of my car. Thanks to this site, I have been in safe hands for 2 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You will need the required maintenance to keep the car warranty valid. If you pay out of pocket each time you get your maintenance, it is more than the maintenance plan that is offered. It is basically pre-paying to save some money. I also got the tire/rim insurance because it covers both damage to either the rims or the tire. To replace once tire will be alot. Typically for tires for taycan, any puncture to the tire cannot be patched. You will need to replace it. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts