Taycan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'll be taking my RWD Taycan over South Florida this weekend to try the range test and fast charging, I just got it today from the dealership.
I am gladly surprised with the coasting performance, it really coasts very well.
Also, I did a short 21 miles highway trip on range mode (max speed at 80mph) using adaptative cruise control and InnoDrive mode with a max speed of 70mph and I got 26kWh/100miles (0.26kWh/mile). Extrapolating it to 93.4 kWh is roughly 359miles range.
I'll be testing it at 70mph going South and 65mph coming back to Orlando. I'll be posting my findings.

· Registered
68 Posts
I just did a 130 mile trip and came home with 120 miles still indicated. Had it filled to 94%, so was super pleased with the range...initially had some "range anxiety" but that's gone now. I figured about 49 mpg on the trip. However, I did just order the Tesla to J1772 converter to put in the back just in case! I'm astounded that it's so hard to find chargers when you're out and about. Any good ideas would be appreciated.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just did a 130 mile trip and came home with 120 miles still indicated. Had it filled to 94%, so was super pleased with the range...initially had some "range anxiety" but that's gone now. I figured about 49 mpg on the trip. However, I did just order the Tesla to J1772 converter to put in the back just in case! I'm astounded that it's so hard to find chargers when you're out and about. Any good ideas would be appreciated.
Hi Mike,
I had the same experience. A thing that I noticed was the accuracy of the range and battery percentage estimate on the Taycan, I commonly get 1 or 2% better that the estimate to my destination.
I have had a good experience with Electrify America and I noticed that clicking on the PCM on the actual charging icon on the map, set the vehicle for a better and faster charging. I waa used to place the address of the location and then look for the chargers.
I also got a Tesla adapter, although I haven't used it yet.
I would recommend the ChargePoint app, the 60kWh chargers are useful and on my car they always hit the top flow.

· Registered
68 Posts
Good info, thanks. It's strange where they are placing the EA chargers though. We have three of them in out little town of Half Moon Bay, but none in Napa/Sonoma where the wineries and restaurants are heavily visited. And only one in Monterey/Carmel!

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
So when I picked up my car from the dealer they said it was fully charged and it showed a range of 192 miles. After the first charge it increased to 202 miles. The second charge it went to 222 and the third charge today it was 232. I hoping I see that kind of increase with each additional charge until if finally levels off. 250 to 260 would be grand for me but I'll gladly take more.

· Registered
68 Posts
Hi,
I'll be taking my RWD Taycan over South Florida this weekend to try the range test and fast charging, I just got it today from the dealership.
I am gladly surprised with the coasting performance, it really coasts very well.
Also, I did a short 21 miles highway trip on range mode (max speed at 80mph) using adaptative cruise control and InnoDrive mode with a max speed of 70mph and I got 26kWh/100miles (0.26kWh/mile). Extrapolating it to 93.4 kWh is roughly 359miles range.
I'll be testing it at 70mph going South and 65mph coming back to Orlando. I'll be posting my findings.

View attachment 3212
I filled it to 94% the other day and got a 244 mile range...and that seemed to be pretty accurate after a trip.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
I filled it to 94% the other day and got a 244 mile range...and that seemed to be pretty accurate after a trip.
Thanks. Appreciate the information.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.