Taycan Forum banner

Porsche Taycan Turbo S beats Tesla Model S Performance in a drag race

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Axiom 
#1 ·
Top Gear got to compare the Taycan Turbo S and the Model S and they put them in a drag race to see who's the fastest.

The Taycan was able to come out on top despite the Model S' quicker 0-60 time! It was a really close race.

#4 ·
Top Gear has released a statement about the drag race. They say they ran 5 races with the Porsche winning each time by an increasing margin. Not only would this show it's faster than the Model S but also that Porsche's goal for repeated performance worked.

I don't think this is going to be the end of this, but I don't see why Top Gear would lie about this.

There have been some questions about the performance figures we posted in our recent Porsche Taycan vs Tesla Model S video. Time for some clarification.

First things first, we ran the drag race five times and the Porsche won every time by a small but increasing margin with each subsequent race.

The best figures we recorded for the Taycan Turbo S were:

0-60: 2.61
0-100: 6.12
¼ mile: 10.69s @ 131.6mph

The best figures we recorded for the Tesla Model S Performance were:

0-60: 2.83
0-100: 6.64
¼ mile: 11.23s @ 123.2mph

The numbers we posted in the video for the Tesla were:

0-60: 2.68
0-100: 6.46
¼ mile: 11.08s @ 124.0mph

These were numbers we recorded in a Model S on a previous occasion. We ran them because these are the best figures we’ve achieved in a Model S to date so we know that’s what the car is capable of.

And just to be clear, the Tesla was in Ludicrous+ mode, the battery was pre-conditioned and both cars had around 85 per cent charge before the first run.

#5 ·
Why would Top Gear lie about this? did the Brooks guy from DragTimes drive the Porsche? Some of the comments on other sites are so irrelevant as well... “they don’t show they are activating Ludicrous mode on the video so it must be off...” duh ?. I hope it won’t be the end of it, I love real competition! Certainly more than some frustrated Tesla fan boys ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.