Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Appearance/Windshield

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finalizing my Taycan purchase this week and my dealer sent over these following "protection add-on options"

Am curious what you all picked as I am on the fence with a few of those options:

Porsche Protection Program/ 72months plan/60K miles/$250 deductible - $4973 -- Selected

Porsche Maintenance Plan/ 48months - $2575 -- selected

Porsche Key Replacement Plan/ 72months - $260

Dent Protection Plan/ 48months - $772

Appearance/Windshield Protection Plan/ 48months - $1949 -- on fence

Clearplate (Wrap) - $2700 -- includes only front end/mirrors and door trim vs whole car -- on fence

Tire & Wheel Cosmetic Protect Plan/ 48months - $2877 -- on fence

·
Registered
119 Posts
None of the above. I will get the full front end and top of rear bumper wrapped in clear bra by a separate shop that used to wrap my dealership's cars. Since I enjoy working on my cars I will do a lot of the maintenance myself. The car needs very little: cabin air filter, wiper blades, top off windshield washer fluid, brake fluid replacement every two years. Brake pads every six years and perhaps rotors if there is corrosion. We have a very good local paintless dent remover. YMMV

·
Registered
14 Posts
What exactly does the maintenance plan cover for an EV? Seems pretty pricey since it is unlikely you need brake pads in the 48 months it covers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I purchased a wheel, tire, key, and dent protection plan from my dealer for three years for ~2k. It’s not by Porsche but underwritten by Zurich. I’ve always purchased wheel plans and they’re generally worth the money on luxury cars with expensive rims. I can’t imagine any maintenance plan making sense on an electric car.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What exactly does the maintenance plan cover for an EV? Seems pretty pricey since it is unlikely you need brake pads in the 48 months it covers.
PORSCHE MAINTENANCE $2,575 48 Mo Mi ● Covers all scheduled maintenance ● Performed by factory-authorized technicians ● Uses genuine Porsche parts .. Brake pads replacement happens in yr 6

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have been underwhelmed with Porsche maintenance plans. I had it for my Diesel Cayenne since it needs frequent service. No tire rotation ( if application ), no spark plug change out, no wiper blade replacement, etc.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been underwhelmed with Porsche maintenance plans. I had it for my Diesel Cayenne since it needs frequent service. No tire rotation ( if application ), no spark plug change out, no wiper blade replacement, etc.
I have been purchasing the maintenance plans just for peace of the mind in my past ownerships.. but i am unsure about the Taycan and if it makes sense. The notion that it being an EV and doesn't need ANY maintenance is kinda quack thinking to me. The car will need interval maintenance. my understanding of the maintenance plans the Taycan comes with:

Porsche offers 3 levels of PSMP (Porsche Scheduled Maintenance Plan) for the Taycan. The first level covers the maintenance mentioned above, including the cabin filter, brake fluid change and inspection. The second level adds complimentary winter/summer tire storage as well as wiper blade coverage. Finally, the third level adds the coverage of your seasonal tire replacement, wheel alignment and balancing. All packages include roadside assistance and mobility coverage"

Tire& Wheel Protect plan is most important to me atm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts