Porsche Taycan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Total production of the Taycan was 508 cars (11 Taycan 4S, 239 Taycan Turbo, 258 Taycan Turbo S) as of February 11. According to build sheet numbers for PCNA (Porsche Cars North America) and PCL (Porsche Cars Canada). Prior to that in December 2019, it was confirmed that Porsche delivered 130 customer-ordered Taycan's in the U.S. where the earliest build sheet was dated for October 23, 2019.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Total production of the Taycan was 508 cars (11 Taycan 4S, 239 Taycan Turbo, 258 Taycan Turbo S) as of February 11. According to build sheet numbers for PCNA (Porsche Cars North America) and PCL (Porsche Cars Canada). Prior to that in December 2019, it was confirmed that Porsche delivered 130 customer-ordered Taycan's in the U.S. where the earliest build sheet was dated for October 23, 2019.
I didn't expect the Turbo and Turbo S production numbers to be nearly identical.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have heard there are no more turbo s allocations for the rest of the year and most of the allocation is slotted for 4s, so this is not surprising. But there is also quite a demand for the 4s. I have also heard there are Turbo slots slots available. I know one dealer tried to pretend my Turbo S reservation was really for a Turbo before I found out about the Turbo S lack of allocations. The biggest dealers in my area each seem to have gotten only 2 Turbo S’s, while the mid level ones got one. But almost everyone got Turbo allocations (not sure how many).

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm trying to find out if there are any Turbo S allocations in the US where someone has ordered and received a confirmation production order. I'm aware of quite a few spec Turbo S cars that have been shipped to dealers and sold to customers. I'm not aware of any allocations that have been filled. Anyone?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have heard there are no more turbo s allocations for the rest of the year and most of the allocation is slotted for 4s, so this is not surprising. But there is also quite a demand for the 4s. I have also heard there are Turbo slots slots available. I know one dealer tried to pretend my Turbo S reservation was really for a Turbo before I found out about the Turbo S lack of allocations. The biggest dealers in my area each seem to have gotten only 2 Turbo S’s, while the mid level ones got one. But almost everyone got Turbo allocations (not sure how many).
Yep, Porsche changed the whole thing around on the dealers. 4S was supposed to out later this year, September or so. Then Porsche called dealers and asked them for their 4S build sheets now !! I also heard that Turbo S cars are "delayed" due to supplier issue with carbon. A Turbo slot opened and I was offered that build. I am fortunate to have been offered a "launch" Turbo S and I took that instead. Car is built and ready to ship to US.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm trying to find out if there are any Turbo S allocations in the US where someone has ordered and received a confirmation production order. I'm aware of quite a few spec Turbo S cars that have been shipped to dealers and sold to customers. I'm not aware of any allocations that have been filled. Anyone?

Nada. None and not happening for a while

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yep, Porsche changed the whole thing around on the dealers. 4S was supposed to out later this year, September or so. Then Porsche called dealers and asked them for their 4S build sheets now !! I also heard that Turbo S cars are "delayed" due to supplier issue with carbon. A Turbo slot opened and I was offered that build. I am fortunate to have been offered a "launch" Turbo S and I took that instead. Car is built and ready to ship to US.
Did you hear this from your Porsche rep?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, I've asked the question on a number of forums and have spoken with the GM at my dealership and the midwest PNA person and there are no allocations that have been filled for a production order Turbo S. There have been a few hundred 'spec' cars manufactured and delivered, and some dealers have sold the cars, but no custom orders yet. No frigging idea why...🤬🤬🤬

·
Registered
34 Posts
I told you why. Allegedly it’s a supplier issue with the exterior carbon bits ( front spoiler and rear diffuser). Now that may or may not be the truth but you know like I do that only launch Turbo S will be available.
Car I’m scheduled to get has the high gloss black trim option, no carbon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I told you why. Allegedly it’s a supplier issue with the exterior carbon bits ( front spoiler and rear diffuser). Now that may or may not be the truth but you know like I do that only launch Turbo S will be available.
Car I’m scheduled to get has the high gloss black trim option, no carbon.
You told me what the dealer told you, which is pretty worthless. My dealer told me they were 'prioritizing the European deliveries'. Lots of cars have been delivered with the 'carbon bits' (below). Bottom line is, nobody is talking and there is no good information as to why there is such a huge production order delay in the Turbo S.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts