Taycan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am selecting the option for my Taycan 4S, notice the passenger display option that cost around usd2000 in my county. Other than what has been stated on Porsche website stating that it is another monitor to enable passenger to assist to plan the route, is there anymore function such as TV function etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

I am selecting the option for my Taycan 4S, notice the passenger display option that cost around usd2000 in my county. Other than what has been stated on Porsche website stating that it is another monitor to enable passenger to assist to plan the route, is there anymore function such as TV function etc.
Hi,

It's just a repeat of the center screen above your console. It's really there for your passenger to participate in the traveling experience. We really like it because the passenger can operate Nav functions and all Media. Yes, they could reach over to the center console and do all this, but it makes both of us feel like we're in control while driving. I don't think you',d regret getting it

·
Super Moderator
776 Posts
Personally I feel like it's not really "worth" the money. But I think it's more about having another fun toy. That said, why not?

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Taycan
11 Posts
I really like that we got it. I can program things in the nav system easier from the passenger seat or find different music. It's just easier to have it right in front rather than reaching to the center. And if you're driving alone, it just says Taycan whereas I understand there is nothing there if you don't order it. Just more plain dashboard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My passenger display often does not. Just twice the opportunity for your PCM to malfunction. Dealer has no solution except to say “it is working now”.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is totally a not worth it for the price option. I typically don't have someone else in the car with me most of the time, but even when I do, I'm not forking over $2k so they aren't inconvenienced in moving their hands a few inches to the center console. I also don't like people touching my radio, including my wife. It offers nothing but minimal convenience to a passenger and adds nothing to your experience with the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is totally a not worth it for the price option. I typically don't have someone else in the car with me most of the time, but even when I do, I'm not forking over $2k so they aren't inconvenienced in moving their hands a few inches to the center console. I also don't like people touching my radio, including my wife. It offers nothing but minimal convenience to a passenger and adds nothing to your experience with the car.
For you this would be a waste of money and you would never use the feature nor would you consider it a valued design feature. But I really like flushing out the full length of the dash with nothing but screens and we really do use it regularly. For that reason I would feel a but empty without it. This is why it's an option. Really valuable for me. Kind of worthless for you. I can see both choices being right.

Good luck with your Taycan. They're a fabulous choice.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
I didn't order the passenger display on my 2020 Taycan Turbo S but I will be ordering in on my 2021 Taycan Turbo S. When my car arrived at the dealer last week they had another car with the passenger display and I regretted not ordering it. Imagine your passenger wants to select some different music, or search for destinations along the way, while you're using the navigation map. They don't intrude into your driving space and eyeline, they don't interfere with your intended center display function and they feel like they can be a useful navigator. In a car this expensive, it seems like a worthwhile toy to have. Also you can put it in standby (where it displays only a white Taycan logo) or black it out completely when not in use.

For those wondering: I had ordered the 2020 but then decided to skip it and wait for the 2021 with the heads-up display, faster charging, new paint colors and a couple of other new cosmetic things. But when I went to check out my chosen Coffee Beige color they invited me to drive the one I ordered and I loved it so much I couldn't bear to not have it for the 6 to 7 months wait time for the new car to arrive so I will have this one until then. I'm glad I did that because the car is absolutely fantastic!

·
Registered
3 Posts
LEXUS LX 570 SUV Gulf Specs 2019 (Silver)
Clean User Like New
GCC Spec Sliver Color/ WhatsApp 033758785693

1 X owner
No Accident

offer 27,000 Euro
VIN: JTJHY7AX4K4291---

Contact Email: [email protected]
WhatsApp: +337-587-85693

1 - 9 of 9 Posts