Porsche Taycan Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
it’s a non issue since on all frameless doors the glass hits the weather stripping before the door is properly closed. otherwise the window would not seal properly if the door and window hit at the same time. the glass at the top needs more pressure against the weather stripping since glass is more bendable than the door structure. voila! so door is not fully closed. end of story

PS same thing on a Tesla by the way. ;-)

·
Registered
18 Posts
there is no way that that Taycan left the Porsche factory with that sort of gap.. if anything the door is not fully closed. twitter account is known to be biased towards Tesla over other EVs
I'm not buying this, there is more to this story.

·
Super Moderator
631 Posts
FYI, given the reputation of Tesla, there are people who buy digital calipers to check out their Teslas before they accept delivery. For instance,

https://www.reddit.com/r/TeslaModelY/comments/fo9af2/_/flep7dn
Seems for some reason they think terrible gaps and construction is typical of either cars in general or EVs for some reason, so they come into other car forums to concern troll about gaps.
I get that there's a lot that's amazing about Tesla. I just think people need to be able to accept that Teslas have flaws too.

·
Registered
137 Posts
All I can say is mine has perfect German panel gap distancing and symmetry, something I am used to and expect from BMW and Audi and as a first time Porsche owner I am impressed by the build quality and precision inside and out.

teslas on the other hand are notorious for 80s quality American car “precision.”

21 - 26 of 26 Posts