Taycan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
there is no way that that Taycan left the Porsche factory with that sort of gap.. if anything the door is not fully closed. twitter account is known to be biased towards Tesla over other EVs

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'd be shocked if Porsche sent out a car looking like that. But I'd be even more shocked that the owner saw that and didn't do anything.

In short, there's no way that's real.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The guy who originally posted this on Twitter is a notorious Tesla "fanboy". As previously mentioned in other posts, I own a 2013 Tesla model S and the gaps in my model S were worse than my 1965 356C. That being said, I am posting a couple of pictures of the "gap" in my Tesla passenger side door when it isn't completely closed. Please note that the door is locked as the handle is flush with the doors. This has happened a few times when passengers think that the doors will automatically be pulled in tight. If you press the doors in softly, the car will lock with the door slightly ajar. I've sent these photos to a couple of EV website editors but of course they haven't bothered to reply. "Porsche - Excellence Was and Is Expected".

·
Registered
160 Posts
The guy who originally posted this on Twitter is a notorious Tesla "fanboy". As previously mentioned in other posts, I own a 2013 Tesla model S and the gaps in my model S were worse than my 1965 356C. That being said, I am posting a couple of pictures of the "gap" in my Tesla passenger side door when it isn't completely closed. Please note that the door is locked as the handle is flush with the doors. This has happened a few times when passengers think that the doors will automatically be pulled in tight. If you press the doors in softly, the car will lock with the door slightly ajar. I've sent these photos to a couple of EV website editors but of course they haven't bothered to reply. "Porsche - Excellence Was and Is Expected". View attachment 1335
Wouldnt worry much about it .. usual twitter/EV vs EV crap shoot.. the best we can do as current/future Taycan owners is to just enjoy our cars, post a few pics and vids and show that daily life with a Taycan & as a daily car will be/is "normal" and that the car can do every day and long range trips just like a tesla.. it will piss off them Tesla fanbois more by doing so

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, AUnHawk,

You are correct on that one. I just find it interesting that "EV people" who publish EV blogs and websites can always find an excuse for Tesla and their actions and always find fault with other EV manufacturers. My Tesla is within the 17,000 to 18,000 car production range and I have enjoyed driving it, faults and all. I am very much looking forward to my Taycan delivery at the end of next week, as long as the dealership is open. Keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes, AUnHawk,

You are correct on that one. I just find it interesting that "EV people" who publish EV blogs and websites can always find an excuse for Tesla and their actions and always find fault with other EV manufacturers. My Tesla is within the 17,000 to 18,000 car production range and I have enjoyed driving it, faults and all. I am very much looking forward to my Taycan delivery at the end of next week, as long as the dealership is open. Keeping my fingers crossed.
wishing you good luck for your delivery next week. I have to wait until June for my Turbo. Just remember when it comes to twitter.. it is not the overall EV community.. just some vocal few.. most of them on twitter have no clue about what the Porsche brand is about but rather have a instant hardon about the price and the EPA range, which in the real world application gets beat by 20-40%, depending on how big of a lead foot you got. Either way, it doesn't matter what EV car you drive, we all tend to be stuck in the same morning rush hour traffic jam side by side.

·
Registered
17 Posts
wishing you good luck for your delivery next week. I have to wait until June for my Turbo. Just remember when it comes to twitter.. it is not the overall EV community.. just some vocal few.. most of them on twitter have no clue about what the Porsche brand is about but rather have a instant hardon about the price and the EPA range, which in the real world application gets beat by 20-40%, depending on how big of a lead foot you got. Either way, it doesn't matter what EV car you drive, we all tend to be stuck in the same morning rush hour traffic jam side by side.
I have actually test driven the Taycan and there are indeed small panel gap issues. For instance in one of the picutres you can see how the panel gap increase towards the chrome element. Second to last picture in the original post. You can also see that the two elements don't alligh perfectly over the wheel. This was the same in almost 2/3 of the Taycans I have seen live. One of them was even on display at their Leipzig showroom. I wouldn't say that it is bad - it just shows that no car is perfect.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have actually test driven the Taycan and there are indeed small panel gap issues. For instance in one of the picutres you can see how the panel gap increase towards the chrome element. Second to last picture in the original post. You can also see that the two elements don't alligh perfectly over the wheel. This was the same in almost 2/3 of the Taycans I have seen live. One of them was even on display at their Leipzig showroom. I wouldn't say that it is bad - it just shows that no car is perfect.
I don't use the term "perfect" to describe any car i have owned in the past/ own in the present or will own in the future. any car will have its pros/cons. However a Kia has better build qual & fit/finish vs. Tesla. Tesla has only its battery range to its advantage at current industry standings until Rivian, Lucid Air, HummerEV with their 400mi range lineups hit the market. When it comes to US market folks are obsessed with range vs the EU markets where charging infrastructure is better built out for non Tesla cars. BMW with its i4/iNext, Mercedes EQS, MachE, Rivian, Lucid and a few others will hit the nail in the US Market until folks understand that one tends to drive ~100mi daily roundtrip and a EV with roughly ~250mi technically will do just fine. We are entering an era of battery size/performance glut with SUV/Pickup EVs taking front and center vs efficiency.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't use the term "perfect" to describe any car i have owned in the past/ own in the present or will own in the future. any car will have its pros/cons. However a Kia has better build qual & fit/finish vs. Tesla. Tesla has only its battery range to its advantage at current industry standings until
No, that is actually a myth. That used to be the case, but not anymore.

You can see a comparison between a Taycan and a Model 3 and the Model 3 actually looks better at some ends.

As for the range - you can ask the norwegians, who had to be towed twice, wether 100-150 miles at highway speed is enough. It is not...
Also the infrastructure in Europe is not better for non Tesla cars. Not sure where you got the information from.

·
Registered
160 Posts
No, that is actually a myth. That used to be the case, but not anymore.

You can see a comparison between a Taycan and a Model 3 and the Model 3 actually looks better at some ends.

As for the range - you can ask the norwegians, who had to be towed twice, wether 100-150 miles at highway speed is enough. It is not...
until tesla can install a trunk lid or a bonnet the right way without it being crooked or off center .. its build qual remains lackluster and other OEMs are well ahead with build qual and fit and finish, thanks for playing.. i followed that road trip and understand their issues.. understand your motivations as well with your reply..

·
Registered
17 Posts
until tesla can install a trunk lid or a bonnet the right way without it being crooked or off center ..
You can actually just click on that video and see that the trunk and frunk are perfectly aligned, so not sure what you are reffering to here.
Also from what I have seen the Model Y is better built and has a power trunk so the Model Y build quality seems to be a lot better than the 3, which is pretty good on its own.

And yes, the panel gaps on the old Model S and X were awful, but that was 4 years ago.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You can actually just click on that video and see that the trunk and frunk are perfectly aligned, so not sure what you are reffering to here.
Also from what I have seen the Model Y is better built and has a power trunk so the Model Y build quality seems to be a lot better than the 3, which is pretty good on its own.

And yes, the panel gaps on the old Model S and X were awful, but that was 4 years ago.
Again, i understand your motivations with adding your voice to this thread

·
Registered
17 Posts
Again, i understand your motivations with adding your voice to this thread
Ok, let us ignore facts and talk about "motivations"...I never said that the Model 3 is a perfectly build car and there are probably some issues, but to dimiss the build quality based on rumours or what you read in forums is not very smart. Plus, the build quality of a KIA? This is also another myth from the 90s.
Kia actually makes fairly good cars and the build quality on their top of the line EV like the e-Niro is pretty good. Their infotainment is lacking, but other than that, it is a very solid car. So no idea what you are saying there.

Here is another video of the fit and finish on the Model Y. From what I see, it is better than that Taycan from the picture and video.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ok, let us ignore facts and talk about "motivations"...I never said that the Model 3 is a perfectly build car and there are probably some issues, but to dimiss the build quality based on rumours or what you read in forums is not very smart. Plus, the build quality of a KIA? This is also another myth from the 90s.
Kia actually makes fairly good cars and the build quality on their top of the line EV like the e-Niro is pretty good. Their infotainment is lacking, but other than that, it is a very solid car. So no idea what you are saying there.
not about myths/rumors.. ex-Tesla owner here and with extended family of tesla owners who are currently/continue and have experienced build qual issues. plenty social media posts of Tesla build qual and fit/finish issues. dismissing tesla service/customer service and continued build qual issues .. wont help you and any other tesla owners out there .. not very smart in my book

·
Registered
17 Posts
not about myths/rumors.. ex-Tesla owner here
Which model and which year? If it is not a 2019 model there is little to talk to about. Have a look at both the Y and 3 videos I linked.
If not post some pictures from your car from 2019 and beyond.

plenty social media posts of Tesla build qual and fit/finish issues.
Yes, and there are also "plenty" of social media posts (link in this post) about Porsche, including one burned down garage... Does this mean the Porsche is badly built car that will burn your house down? Of course not...That is the thing - you shouldn't go by "social media" posts as I said, but make your mind up yourself on the ground. But since you even ignore video proof, you have already made up your mind already so yeah...

wont help you and any other tesla owners out there ..
I actually said, twice, that I liked the Porsche built and finish and that those are small issues and even if they are there, are not important, so not sure what "help" I will need, but ok...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Which model and which year? If it is not a 2019 model there is little to talk to about. Have a look at both the Y and 3 videos I linked.
If not post some pictures from your car from 2019 and beyond.

Yes, and there are also "plenty" of social media posts (link in this post) about Porsche, including one burned down garage... Does this mean the Porsche is badly built car that will burn your house down? Of course not...That is the thing - you shouldn't go by "social media" posts as I said, but make your mind up yourself on the ground. But since you even ignore video proof, you have already made up your mind already so yeah...

I actually said, twice, that I liked the Porsche built and finish and that those are small issues and even if they are there, are not important, so not sure what "help" I will need, but ok...
already made up my own mind from my own tesla ownership .. hence my support to go back to Porsche for my EV solution and Rivian. enjoy your day

1 - 20 of 26 Posts