Taycan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One small thing I noticed with the American and European Taycans is the American ones have amber side markers while the Europeans have clear ones.

Is there any way to get clear ones in America? Or would you have ship them in from Europe?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ask your dealer to give you give & install the clear side markers at no charge. They did that for my Spyder.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Anyone have a part number? Because the clear side markers are a European-market part, I doubt the Porsche USA dealer network can order them, but I would love to be proven wrong. We will likely have to order the part of an aftermarket importer and then ask the dealer (or a professional) to install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been wondering this as well. I have typically had them painted body color on our other Porsches, but will need the clear/smoked replacements for the Taycan. The dealership should be able to get these. I will check and hope they will be available for my April delivery.

·
Registered
34 Posts
One small thing I noticed with the American and European Taycans is the American ones have amber side markers while the Europeans have clear ones.

Is there any way to get clear ones in America? Or would you have ship them in from Europe?
Excellent point.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've been wondering this as well. I have typically had them painted body color on our other Porsches, but will need the clear/smoked replacements for the Taycan. The dealership should be able to get these. I will check and hope they will be available for my April delivery.
Typically, a US dealer won't order these. 1) They usually don't have access to European parts network; 2) The amber lights are considered US safety equipment, so the dealer won't help you mess with these; 3) most manufacturers have a directive to dealers not to assist customers modifying in any way, safety equipment or not; 4) smoked is not OEM anywhere, right, so that must come from the aftermarket.

I hope someone can write up a DIY Taycan sidemarker replacement post sometime soon though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Typically, a US dealer won't order these. 1) They usually don't have access to European parts network; 2) The amber lights are considered US safety equipment, so the dealer won't help you mess with these; 3) most manufacturers have a directive to dealers not to assist customers modifying in any way, safety equipment or not; 4) smoked is not OEM anywhere, right, so that must come from the aftermarket.

I hope someone can write up a DIY Taycan sidemarker replacement post sometime soon though.
Spoke with my dealership. The clear markers are able to be ordered in the US, but currently on backorder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts