Porsche Taycan Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
When ti comes to pure performance, which is what the Taycan is designed to do, it beats the Model S.

Let me know the next time you have to run the car 10 consecutive times. Or drive it faster than 80mph, what it is designed for.

And if we are going to compare performance you can wait a few months and compare it to the roadster which is cloaser to a Porsche than a Model S. Or at least the Model S plaid that comes out this year.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Let me know the next time you have to run the car 10 consecutive times. Or drive it faster than 80mph, what it is designed for.

And if we are going to compare performance you can wait a few months and compare it to the roadster which is cloaser to a Porsche than a Model S. Or at least the Model S plaid that comes out this year.
It's nice to know you can do it more than once and not worry about losing performance or damaging the battery. The roadster will be ridiculously fast no doubt, but it's in a different category than the Taycan, now the Model S Plaid will be interesting to see.

·
Super Moderator
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Not with the current infrastructure, no. I don't see any advantages in buying one.

As for Model 3 or Model S. If you actullay compare them space wise, the Taycan is closer to the 3 than it is to the S

Trunk: 366 LItre Volume vs 425 Litre on the Model 3 vs Model S 745Litre
2nd row space 35" vs 35" vs 38" Model S
4 seater, 5 seater (more or less 4 really), real 5 seater.

0-60mph about 0.3-0.5S difference

Charging speed 250kW vs 250kW vs 200kW

As you can see the Model S is a totally different car and barely comparable to the Taycan in any regard.
Are you seriously trying to say that a solid way to measure cars is their trunk space?

Maybe a Prius and a G-Wagon compare on those levels.

LOL

·
Registered
560 Posts
Yes, the Model 3 has great specs but lets not forget about price and everything else about the two. Its day and night.

Literally no one will be cross-shopping these two models.

VW Group will eventually offer something that gets closer to the Model 3 on price.
News of that RWD EV platform to underpin a number of vehicles from Porsche to Audi will make that possible. And in case you're wondering, it will house a powertrain with output similar to the Taycan.

My guess is it will be some Audi 4-door.

·
Registered
511 Posts
If we can bring this thread back to charging time for a second. Elektroautomobil tested the Taycan's charging and they shared this charging curve.

This is what the charging curve of the Porsche Taycan Turbo we tested for the current issue of the EAM looks like. ⚡ ⚡ ⚡

Facts:
  • max. Charging power: 262 kW
  • Charging time from 10-80 %: 21 min
  • Average. Charging power: 193 kW
  • after loaded range of 10-80 %: 250 km (with a max. WLTP consumption of 26,7 kWh / 100 km)

Porsche Taycan Charging Curve

21 - 25 of 25 Posts