Taycan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As part of their announcement of the Taycan 4S arriving at US dealers, Porsche mentioned what the EPA-estimated range is going to be.

According to the press release "The EPA estimated range for the Taycan 4S is 203 miles. Supplemental third party range testing conducted by AMCI will be available on our web site."

That is...not good, but as we've seen recently the EPA numbers are extremely conservative and we're seeing the Taycan get much better range numbers than that.

·
Registered
160 Posts
As part of their announcement of the Taycan 4S arriving at US dealers, Porsche mentioned what the EPA-estimated range is going to be.

According to the press release "The EPA estimated range for the Taycan 4S is 203 miles. Supplemental third party range testing conducted by AMCI will be available on our web site."

That is...not good, but as we've seen recently the EPA numbers are extremely conservative and we're seeing the Taycan get much better range numbers than that.
Real world range tests just like we have seen with the Turbo & Turbo S, done ourselves ( myself incl ), done by car reviewers and professional car blog such as Car & Driver will trickle onto the web sooner rather than later covering the 4S. It is really up to Porsche to capitalize on these real world range tests and position the Taycan accordingly. Taycan remains 1 of only 3 EVs out on the market that beats/exceeds its EPA range by up to 40% vs Tesla that has yet to meet its actual EPA range guidance.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Real world range tests just like we have seen with the Turbo & Turbo S, done ourselves ( myself incl ), done by car reviewers and professional car blog such as Car & Driver will trickle onto the web sooner rather than later covering the 4S. It is really up to Porsche to capitalize on these real world range tests and position the Taycan accordingly. Taycan remains 1 of only 3 EVs out on the market that beats/exceeds its EPA range by up to 40% vs Tesla that has yet to meet its actual EPA range guidance.
I'm with you @AUnHawk, I'm surprised Porsche isn't making a bigger push to promote these real world road tests. I know they have their own study from AMCI that they promote but no one pays attention to that.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If the EPA did the testing it might be because of the settlement with the US. If so, they will be very conservative.

Chuck J

·
Registered
740 Posts
Autoblog was able to get 300 miles of range when they tested the 4S.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Here's the info on the Taycan 4S on the EPA's website. I wonder if their range numbers are based on how they calculate their annual fuel cost calculation (45% highway, 55% city driving).

Porsche Taycan 4S EPA numbers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts