Taycan Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Taycan Turbo S, Cayenne Turbo S, Mercedes 560SL
3 Posts
Li Ion batteries do not have the memory effect or hysteresis like the earlier NiMH - Nicket Metal Hydride - batteries did. Also, these batteries have BMSs (Battery Management Systems) and can accept charges up to 80% or 85% for longer periods of time. Charging it to 100% does not improve capacity of the battery. Charging batteries typically to higher SOC eats up more life as the higher SOCs generate more heat and stress the battery more.. Charging to 100% occasionally - when you are going to go on a trip or monthly to 'equalize' the batteries is not an entirely terrible thing to do. Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,042 Posts
For the first couple of weeks I charged to 100% but now I only do that if I'm going on a long trip. Otherwise I charge to 85%.

·
Registered
Taycan Turbo S, Cayenne Turbo S, Mercedes 560SL
3 Posts
That is a perfectly good way to charge your battery PassGas. Hope you get to enjoy your vehicle as much as I do. And, feel liberated as you drive by gas stations where the rest of the world seems to be gassing up at almost $4-$5 a gallon. Hope you also got the three year free Electrify America card - makes your long distance trips that much more enjoyable!
Mook

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,042 Posts
That is a perfectly good way to charge your battery PassGas. Hope you get to enjoy your vehicle as much as I do. And, feel liberated as you drive by gas stations where the rest of the world seems to be gassing up at almost $4-$5 a gallon. Hope you also got the three year free Electrify America card - makes your long distance trips that much more enjoyable!
Mook
Yes I am enjoying my 4S immensely and smile every time I pass a gas station.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts