Taycan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,,
To start, I am not a Porsche fanboy, nor a Tesla one. When they announced the Taycan based on the Model E, I contacted my dealer, and am third in line to buy. Porsche was suggesting they would offer the car at $85-90k starting, and would get in excess of 300 miles per charge. An 80% charge would occur in 15-20 minutes. I was ready to go - sold assets, have cash waiting.
The announcement yesterday showed a very pretty car (not really the E), at double+ the price, with lower mileage mobdro.bio/ luckypatcher.tips/ kodi.bio/, and a quick charge system that will take years to build.
This was Porsche's opportunity to lure people who didn't care about their brand, electric cars, etc. to buy their car. Instead, in their German hubris, they have assumed that because they put their name and logo on it people will shell out the money. There's no don't that they will have a few thousand buying this car, but not 30,000.
The fact they are putting so much money into this new platform, and coming out with a car that's more expensive and less on a specs basis than the Tesla is a major screw up. Honestly, I think this will cause them some significant pain in the next 3-5 years, and I'm not sure if they'll recover.
They had an amazing opportunity, and they blew it by selling a marketing campaign and not a car. Bottom line, I won't be buying, and am pretty bummed out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would have to disagree with you on this.

Porsche made a high quality, fantastic car that appeals to a specific buyer.
They are one of the few OEMs that can command a higher price.
Don't forget, Porsche is part of a bigger family which the technology will trickle down to.
It's smart business. There is a reason Porsche is one of the most profitable, highest margin automakers and Tesla is unable to make a penny after 16 years.

The Bugatti Veyron was created for the same purpose. $1m because of R&D, for a specific buyer with technology that trickled down the lower end VWs

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was at the San Jose Porsche dealership last week for a service appointment on our Cayenne. I asked the salesperson how many Taycan's had been delivered. He said 2 or 3, which surprised me. He said almost everyone was waiting for the 4S. He has had unfilled build slots for the Turbo and Turbo S. This is in the heart of wealthy Silicon Valley. I expected more sales of Turbo/S here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with you. I have the cash ready to go and will cancel my Taycan reservation as well. I owned two 911’s before; you do pay premium for that badge and the 911 is indeed a nice car and everything but not practical for every day drive, not for me anyway. The Taycan is way overpriced and the specs are not in any way much better than Tesla’s.

shareit apk vidmate apk pc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts