Taycan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"According to NHTSA documents 12,146 Porsche Taycan's could be effected by the loss of power while driving but Porsche is contesting that number stating that it has delivered a total of 6,552 Taycan's from 2020-21 model years in the U. S. through the end of the first quarter of this year. Porsche said it wasn't sure where NHTSA's figure came from but it bears no relation to the number of Taycan's in this country, either sold or in transit or in inventory."

This information comes from the July 2021 issue of Panorama magazine. Page 30.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is an interesting article from my personal perspective as my 2021 Taycan 4S is definitely part of the 6,552 Taycan's mentioned above by Porsche and yet is not part of the recall as of today. That makes me wonder how many of the 6,552 actually are. My dealer has a list of the Vin numbers affected but I'm not sure if its just for Taycan sold by them or in inventory or the entire U.S. My suspicion is its just their cars. One fact that I did learn from them is they are the third largest seller of Taycan's in the U. S. and out of all the Taycan's sold only one has had the dreaded power failure. It has had the software update and has been functioning flawlessly since.

Reactions: Bill H

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: Bill H and Piper
1 - 4 of 4 Posts