Taycan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased and had installed the electric sport sound after taking delivery of a Taycan?
I got my 2021 Taycan off the dealer's lot and it did not come with the electric sport sound (a $500 option if purchased when ordering the car) but am considering having it installed. The MLP is $700, but Suncoast has it for $599.95, and they say installation by a dealer is a matter of downloading it and installing the program - a couple of hours of labor at most. My dealer says additional speakers have to be installed and wired up as well, and has quoted close to $3,000.
For those who ordered it when having the car built, is it worth it?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,022 Posts
Most Taycan owners that I have talked to said they used in for a while and then not. For $500 its an okay option but not after the fact for $3,000.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone purchased and had installed the electric sport sound after taking delivery of a Taycan?
I got my 2021 Taycan off the dealer's lot and it did not come with the electric sport sound (a $500 option if purchased when ordering the car) but am considering having it installed. The MLP is $700, but Suncoast has it for $599.95, and they say installation by a dealer is a matter of downloading it and installing the program - a couple of hours of labor at most. My dealer says additional speakers have to be installed and wired up as well, and has quoted close to $3,000.
My Taycan came with it, I used it twice and never again. I would not even consider it.

·
Registered
2012 Cayenne S | 2020 Taycan Turbo
16 Posts
My Taycan Turbo has the Electronic Sport Sound. When you first hear the sounds it makes you’ll probably think you are at the controls of the Starship Enterprise or some sort of Hovercraft / Land Speeder from Star Wars. IMHO the novelty of the Electronic Sport Sound wears off very quickly and you will prefer the “normal” standard sound of the Taycan’s electric motors. I much prefer to drive with the Electronic Sport Sound turned off. I love how quiet my Taycan is and the standard sound/sound level is very appealing to me.

Unless money is no object to you, I suggest you not pay the money to have Electronic Sport Sound added to your Taycan. Perhaps the only reason to add Electronic Sport Sound might be if you think your Taycan is too quiet and you miss the audible feedback you get from a gas engine Porsche. The Electronic Sport Sound will make your Taycan noisier BUT the sound is nothing like the sound from a gas engine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I use it all the time, my turbo came with it. It really does IMO add something to the experience, electric cars are very clinical and I do miss the sound of a high revving combustion engine. Having said theres a limit to what I'm prepared to pay for a synthesized sound and a few low end speakers so maybe a $500 max but no more.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan RWD, Cherry Red Metallic
18 Posts
I find I use ESS the same as I did for PSE on my Targa.

That is to say, I use it all the time except for long highway drives where silence is preferable.

I think it's really great!

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
1,022 Posts
I’ve gotten use to the normal sounds of the electric motors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had it and don’t use it. My husbands car doesn’t have it …you can hardly hear it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts