Taycan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen reports of Porsche dealerships closing their doors during the Coronavius outbreak?

I've seen reports that Auto Nation will do it US-wide soon. Plus, a friend of mine in LA just said his BMW dealership is closing its doors and just selling online.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I haven't heard anything about the dealers near me closing. But on top of that I'm worried about Porsche stopping production because of Coronavirus.

VW announced that they're doing it at their Bratislava plant so I imaging Porsche is going to do the same thing soon.

·
Super Moderator
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to think Porsche will shut down the plant, even for a few weeks.

Sucks that the PEC is closing. I wonder if that will impact @TaycanDude's plans.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Porsche just made it official, they're stopping production in Zuffenhausen and Leipzig.

As from the coming week, Porsche will suspend production for an initial period of two weeks. By taking this step, the sports car manufacturer is responding to the significant acceleration in the rate of infection caused by the coronavirus and the resultant measures implemented by the relevant authorities.

In addition to the primary protection of the workforce, bottlenecks in global supply chains no longer allow orderly production. At the same time, Porsche is preparing for a decline in demand and securing its financial strength with the decisions made. The parent plant in Zuffenhausen and the production location in Leipzig will be closed from Saturday (21 March 2020). These steps have been taken as part of an orderly process and in close cooperation with the works council.

“With these measures, our company contributes to protect the workforce and reduce the spread of the coronavirus. The actual consequences are not yet predictable. It is therefore too early for forecasts. What is clear is that 2020 will be a very challenging year,” says Oliver Blume, Chairman of the Executive Board of Porsche AG. “We can only overcome the pandemic together and by taking rigorous measures.” Against this background, Porsche is fulfilling its entrepreneurial and social responsibility and stopping production. The situation will be continuously re-assessed.

In addition to suspending production, Porsche decided a number of intensified measures: there is a ban on business travel, for example, ‘mobile working’ has been greatly extended, and meetings will now only take place by video or conference calls.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is the email that I received yesterday from Auto Nation:

Dear Valued Customer,

The health and safety of our Customers & Associates is AutoNation’s and Porsche Newport Beach's top priority. We are closely monitoring the current situation with the coronavirus.

Our facilities and stores from coast to coast, are open for business based on the guidelines from local government and health officials. The stores are cleaned and sanitized daily. Over the last few weeks, we’ve added increased cleaning throughout our stores & centers, including sanitizing high touch areas such as keyboards, telephones and guest common areas. Our team has posted bulletins to remind Customers & Associates of the importance of handwashing and other recommended actions.

As America’s Largest & Most Recognized Automotive Retailer, we continue to stay informed and provide information to our Customers and Associates. Transparency is key to our automotive retail operational success. And, we encourage you to be diligent and be informed, as well. We will continue to monitor the situation. Customers depend on us as many must continue to rely on their transportation for work and essential needs. Our teams are ready to serve you in-store or online at AutoNation.com.

Thank you for your continued trust in AutoNation to keep you, your family and communities Driving Safe.

Regards,

Cheryl Miller
CEO & President
AutoNation, Inc.

This obviously may change in the Bay Area with seven counties, essentially locked down, as well as Orange County, CA in the same situation.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have to think Porsche will shut down the plant, even for a few weeks.

Sucks that the PEC is closing. I wonder if that will impact @TaycanDude's plans.

Been in constant email correspondence with the PEC delivery team and my Porsche Rep.. atm L.A. PEC is closed until April 1st. Delivery is still scheduled for PEC in June.. delivery date may change by a few weeks due to Porsche shutdown and my car just entered the body shop a week ago .. I have the option to change my delivery, normally not allowed if car is in body shop but due to current circumstances Porsche will allow it, and will revisit with PEC delivery team and my Porsche Rep beginning of April to reassess.

·
Super Moderator
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the update @TaycanDude . Shame to hear, but I guess it's all just something small when you look at what's going on in the world right now. Insane.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the update @TaycanDude . Shame to hear, but I guess it's all just something small when you look at what's going on in the world right now. Insane.
we have to remember that these are just cars.. personally think its more important to make sure we, the world, our individual country, our local government, city and or state nib the Corona Virus in the bud. Hope you all stay safe, practice social distancing, follow your city/state/government requests/guidelines, practice good hygiene to soften the curve. A car can wait, human lives are more important. The Taycan will make it into my garage eventually.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts