Taycan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are buying a Taycan be aware the Connect software does not work. I paid $180K for my car only to find out the software does not work. I'm not a happy guy and Porsche really can't do anything because their people can't travel because of the virus. I'm told the server for this is in Germany, it needs to be in the US. My car shows 70% battery, when I look at the software it says I have 80% battery. When you touch Explore, the mapping, it shows autobahn 8 in Germany, the next time it show my car sitting someplace I was at yesterday. These are just a few of the glitches, they are multiple.

·
Registered
160 Posts
can you elaborate on the additional glitches please? will help me to check in and if need be, request rectification during my delivery walk-thru next month.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the problem is that the server that connects to Porsche Connect in your car is housed in Germany. Many times in my two weeks of ownership my app will not connect to Porsche Connect. I click on the screen to start the AC on a hot day and it won't connect. I click on the map for the location of the car and the map shows Audobon 8 in Germany. I get a lot of other strange comments on the screen, today it says I am in Private mode and lots of things are not available. I did not put it in private mode. This could go on and on. Appears to me everyone that has taken delivery of a Taycan is having the same problem. All steming from the Porsche Connect app. Probably the saddest news here is that I called Porsche Customer Service in Atlanta, they switched me to Porsche Connect dept. They had no answers. Said they would make note of my problems and pass it to someone. Not good. They better get it fixed or they are going to have a lot of low mileage Taycan's sitting on their used car lot. I own a Tesla X for three years, never had any of these problems. I've owned about 15 Porsches, I have never had this kind of service problem. Shocking.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have been using Porsche Connect since Jan and besides outage a day or two ago (private mode glitch) and slow response I haven’t had any issues. My climate and timer settings work and my car is where it should be. Is your car having any data access issues?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had many problems logging in to Connect from my Android phone. I have three browsers (Opera, Chrome, and Samsung), and sometimes one of them will connect. Yesterday I had to get a password reset from Porsche helpline since nothing would connect, and after I reset the password, I could get in again.

Anyone else having trouble logging in with Android phones?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I have had all kinds of Porsche Connect problems. Every time I talk to Porsche they tell me the server was down then. Something is wrong if the server is down so often. I get random comments in the car, nothing is available because of the Privacy Mode. I didn't turn on the Privacy Mode. I turn on the car and I get booting lights on the screens. Let's hope they get this fixed.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had the privacy mode issue yesterday, I checked and it was off in the car. I chalked it up to server issues and today it is gone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check the bottom left on the screen on your phone, it says, Explore. When you hit that does autobahn 8 in Germany come up?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, it does! Then when I spin the map to the USA, there is my car, right in Fort Worth. Had another glitch with the charging times showing up in German time zones, even though the car showed them correctly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Could be worse.
Had the wife's Tay for over a month and still can't get a Porsche I.D. for the car from Atlanta, so I can not set profiles, seats, mirrors, etc. Connect does not recognize any of my Pcars though I have sent them scans of Titles, Registration, etc.
I just put the car back into storage because w/out I.D. I can not config my garage charger or use E-America and she's just about dry of the 1st dealer charge.
Connect sucks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have been fortunate, I wrote email to Porsche Customer Service in Atlanta. I was supprised I got a call from a guy called Gus in Connect. He has been very helpful. They took the car in a reset the car and it seems to work better. Still some bugs. Gus has called me three times to check up, he said he will call me back again. I send him screen shots of the strange things that happen or come up. You might try reaching out to Gus, he in Atlanta.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue....my connect does not work at all. Porsche took the car for 10 days and told me they have no solution at this time. Every time i enter the car...I enter as a guest. Its a frustrating experience (compared to my Tesla). If this is not resolved..my preference would be to return the car that I unfortunately already own.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm having other connect issues. I have to delete the app about once a week and download it again to refresh it. I can't cool the car from the app when I am playing golf. After I delete and download it works for a while. I also have an issue that the right mirror does not dip when I put it in reverse. I reset it in software, still does not work. Probably the one that concerns me most is the strange stuff with the AC. I live in Dallas and after I drive home from golf, maybe 15 min. the AC seems to cycle. it starts to get warm and after a minute or so the cold air starts again. It's not bad but it should not be doing this. my phone has such a long delay it's hard to talk to people on it. It's not the phone because it doesn't do it in my other Porsche.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having the same issue....my connect does not work at all. Porsche took the car for 10 days and told me they have no solution at this time. Every time i enter the car...I enter as a guest. Its a frustrating experience (compared to my Tesla). If this is not resolved..my preference would be to return the car that I unfortunately already own.
There is an entire thread about this in another Taycan forum - you are not alone :(

https://www.taycanevforum.com/forum/threads/no-connectivity.1542

Mine has been down for 3 weeks now, no one seems to have a clue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Saw your message and I was in the same situation a few weeks ago, this was the solution that eventually worked for me
maybe it helps, either way hope its sorted soon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am a new owner and same issues here..I am asking just to be sure.. once you log in on web you see your car on my vehicles tab right ? Or even without it can you log in to car ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts