Taycan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
A loaded Turbo S is being sold as a lemon law buyback because of “multiple faults with PCM; faults appear on instrument cluster; Chassis error; WBA, Porsche connect issues, etc.” Gave me chills. If there are any dealers here, please tell me why couldn’t this get this worked out?

· Registered
21 Posts
I just bought a Taycan 2020 4S that will not connect. I traded my Tesla S. It’s app worked flawlessly. Porsche cannot get it fixed for me. Fortunately the Porsche dealer still has my Tesla so the Porsche is going back today. Yes the Taycan drives better but not enough to overcome the connectivity issues.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys just got the Taycan week ago. I'm having issue with Porsche Connect APP it doesn't connect with PCM. it says "Vehicle not Available and connection problem detected"

Thank you
Just got taycan turbo 2021, nothing buy problems with the pcm connectivity.
‘the app connect but the login from the pcm is grayed out and can use only guest.

rubbish software quality

· Registered
7 Posts
Just got taycan turbo 2021, nothing buy problems with the pcm connectivity.
‘the app connect but the login from the pcm is grayed out and can use only guest.

rubbish software quality
Did you ever get this resolved? I have exact same problem. Can seem to get support for this anywhere. If I can't resolve it I'll have to take the car back

· Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever get this resolved? I have exact same problem. Can seem to get support for this anywhere. If I can't resolve it I'll have to take the car back
Nop

apparently the saga just began, Porsche North America is saying its sim registration issue in Germany. They say that Porsche “forgot” to register the car sim (I assume IEMI) car which resulting with the car failing to communicate with the Porsche server I’m Germany. Its probably an international SIM card which is installed inside the Taycan.

huge disappointment from Porsche , simply bad quality control.

now they Are saying that my case was escalated and they are working on it. Took delivery 10days ago and still nothing

· Registered
2 Posts
Nop

apparently the saga just began, Porsche North America is saying its sim registration issue in Germany. They say that Porsche “forgot” to register the car sim (I assume IEMI) car which resulting with the car failing to communicate with the Porsche server I’m Germany. Its probably an international SIM card which is installed inside the Taycan.

now they Are saying that my case was escalated and they are working on it. Took delivery 10days ago and still nothing
I’ll try to Claim lemon if it’s continue, the dealership is doing all they can and it’s not their fault. but for 221k car it’s not acceptable

· Registered
7 Posts
Nop

I think I have exact same problem. I can't get connected to the internet so nothing is working. Talked to Porsche service 5 times without much luck. Now witting for them to call me back after escalation. 24-48 hours! So disappointed.

· Registered
4 Posts
If they won’t resolve it by the end of this week I’m going to take a lawyer. Porsche North America can’t do much. The Taycan software is broken and have tremendous bugs.

from my understanding the technicians can’t do much since it’s a fault on Porsche HQ ( Germany)

Being an early adapter surely has its merits and downfalls. I’m very disappointed as Porsche enthusiast I have my 911GT3 which is the best car I ever owned but for the Taycan ? It’s no more than fun alpha project

· Registered
7 Posts
If they won’t resolve it by the end of this week I’m going to take a lawyer. Porsche North America can’t do much. The Taycan software is broken and have tremendous bugs.

from my understanding the technicians can’t do much since it’s a fault on Porsche HQ ( Germany)

Being an early adapter surely has its merits and downfalls. I’m very disappointed as Porsche enthusiast I have my 911GT3 which is the best car I ever owned but for the Taycan ? It’s no more than fun alpha project
100%! It's not an alpha project, but I would also expect better support and quicker response. I love the drive but due to their software quality I can't use the car!

· Registered
4 Posts
EV tricks depends a lot on software. If Porsche release a car that is capable to drive well but have serious software issues it is defiantly not a final product.
HW + SW == Taycan

I’ll add and say that they have quality control problems as well.
if you can’t use the car it’s useless. I have made up my mind, I’m going to return it and try work with my dealership on proper price since not sure I’ll manage to lemon it so soon.

now I have new issue: car play occasionally is refusing to start “process in zombie state”

· Registered
4 Posts
As of today 6/9/2022 Taycan problem sorted. Was problem in Germany side , Porsche fixed it.

Porsche Marin where I bought my Taycan specially Andrew Popas made it all happened including orchestrating the fix

I’ll be happy to send you his email

· Registered
7 Posts
As of today 6/9/2022 Taycan problem sorted. Was problem in Germany side , Porsche fixed it.

Porsche Marin where I bought my Taycan specially Andrew Popas made it all happened including orchestrating the fix

That is great to hear! Would applicate his contact info. My email is kaplunov at Gmail. Thx!!

· Registered
10 Posts
I also have the same case. You need to be sure that your app developers mlsdev.com/blog/how-to-make-an-app-like-uber are capable of building custom mobile apps that are designed for your specific business requirements. The right team should be able to build custom web and hybrid apps that are designed to work with the specific needs of your company and its consumers. They should understand what your app development goals are and have an understanding of your company's culture and mission. Your app developers should have strong knowledge of iOS development and understand how to build compelling apps using the most appropriate framework for the job.

· Registered
1 Posts

Could you please send me the contacts too? Having Porsche connect problems, that my local Porsche dealers don’t have the knowledge to fix. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
21 Posts
I sympathize with you. I almost returned my Taycan 4S due to connectivity issues. Turned out the car did not like my log in password! Try changing your password and see if that helps. Do not use the dollar sign! I haven’t had trouble since.
My problem is that since the big software upgrade I cannot limit charge to 85%. This worries me. If I keep charging to 100% it will hurt the battery eventually. Anyone have advice for me?

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
I sympathize with you. I almost returned my Taycan 4S due to connectivity issues. Turned out the car did not like my log in password! Try changing your password and see if that helps. Do not use the dollar sign! I haven’t had trouble since.
My problem is that since the big software upgrade I cannot limit charge to 85%. This worries me. If I keep charging to 100% it will hurt the battery eventually. Anyone have advice for me?
What did the software update do to prevent you from limiting the charge to 85%? I live in an apartment building and do have the luxury of charging at home. I usually charge my 4S once a week at an EA charging station and always charge to 100%. I've asked Porsche several times if this will hurt my battery and was told that while it may be better to limit daily charging to 85% charging once a week to 100% will not hurt my battery. They also told me that even though it says 100% charged the battery is set up to not exceed 83% of its capacity.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.