Taycan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My salesman told me i activate the 3 years of free charging by going here (see images): When I do that and click "go to activation" I get unknown error has occurred.
I've read other posts, I've changed the spelling of my address S vs S. vs South and CT vs CT. vs COURT, I have a credit card saved in my profile. I've called 800-Porsche, I've called my service dept, I've emailed porsche usa several times.

Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
451 Posts
I didn't have to do any of that. I simply activated plug and charge. When I got to the EA charging station I plug in and it recognized my 4S, checked off payment by Porsche and started charging.

Reactions: denver_porsche

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
451 Posts
Great news

·
Registered
9 Posts
Now you will have the joy of working with electrify america. My success rate is less than 50% of it working on the first attempt. Usually its like russian roulette in finding one int he bank of of chargers that will connect and work. Or the fall back is to call EA and their first reply is to contact porsche. But if they reset the machine and it will usually work. Never seen such an unstable consumer product. Their goal should be it should work 100% of the time all the time. Also 3 of the chargers near me has been out of service for over 2 weeks now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Now you will have the joy of working with electrify america. My success rate is less than 50% of it working on the first attempt. Usually its like russian roulette in finding one int he bank of of chargers that will connect and work. Or the fall back is to call EA and their first reply is to contact porsche. But if they reset the machine and it will usually work. Never seen such an unstable consumer product. Their goal should be it should work 100% of the time all the time. Also 3 of the chargers near me has been out of service for over 2 weeks now.
I've called the Electrifyservice number on the charger and they have been prompt and very helpful, twice now. The last issue was I didn't know that only one can charge at a time despite having two cables.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
451 Posts
So far my experience with EA has been very good. Plug and charge works all the time. Only one issue so far. Plug in and went to dinner. When I got back it had stopped charging at 80%. No big deal. Other than that no issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
114 Posts
I have been kicking and screaming about this problem that a few of us are facing. I've had the car into porsche and they did nothing to address the issue.
do you have the 19.2 kw onboard charger? when was your car built?
my theory is that a few cars are failing because of some internal fault that effects a small subset of cars. the fault prevents the car from communicating with the EA units which makes it a 50/50 crap shoot if you will be able to initiate a charge.
my plan is to keep a log of each failure and returning the car to porsche after each failure to charge and eventually get the car lemon lawed because of their inability to fix these failures.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
451 Posts
This must be a random issue with some Taycan's. My success rate at EA is well over 95%. The only time have issues is when I put up to a charger and it says " charging error disconnect and reconnect ". Rather than trying that charger I move to another one and simply plug and charge. Minor inconvenience for me but I totally understand why you are so upset. Hope you get your issue corrected soon.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
114 Posts
This must be a random issue with some Taycan's. My success rate at EA is well over 95%. The only time have issues is when I put up to a charger and it says " charging error disconnect and reconnect ". Rather than trying that charger I move to another one and simply plug and charge. Minor inconvenience for me but I totally understand why you are so upset. Hope you get your issue corrected soon.
yes you and most other owners are not seeing the issues that I and a few others are having with charging. your car probably does not have the same configuration that is causing some owners to have issues with charging at the EA units. I am glad for you that you've encountered no issues with the charging, but commenting that you had no issues is of no assistance to those who are having issues.

·
Registered
2021 Taycan 4S
451 Posts
I'm sorry but I don't agree with you. I feel all information whether it is positive or negative regarding a charging issue is relevant. By posting me experiences I'm not trying to further aggravate you or any other Taycan owner who are having bad experiences at the EA charging stations but simply to let all Taycan owners know its not an across the board issue. Perhaps there are differences between the car that are having this issue and those which are not. Wouldn't it be helpful to try to determine that. Someone who is interested in either buying or leasing a new Taycan need to know that not everyone is having issues. Sorry if I offended you. That was never my intention.

Reactions: dickp
1 - 11 of 11 Posts